Thread: Tournament Guide (Updated for Set 3)

Tournament Guide (Updated for Set 3)

The below link is a great 1 page article for any starting player interested in tournament play. It goes over some basic information on tournaments, prizing, deck strategy and what to look for when picking cards.

https://hextcg.com/draft-tournament-overview/

For information on our VIP tournament program please click on the link below.

https://www.hextcg.com/vip-returning-faq/

Basic Tournament Information:

Constructed decks are 60 cards minimum all other formats have a 40 card minimum deck.
    Tournament entry fees are only taken once the tournament begins.
    Tournaments are 3 Rounds.
    Scheduled tournaments are 4 Rounds.
    Up to 3 games will be played in a Round, winner is best 2/3.
    In the Gauntlet you will play until you win 5 matches or lose 3. Constructed matches are best 2 of 3, Sealed are single matches.

Flashback Drafts (Running from Dec. 21st - Jan. 5th): Entry fee is One Set 1 pack (Shards of Fate)+ Two Set 2 packs (Shattered Destiny)+100plat OR 700plat.

Competitive Events:
    Any tournaments listed as Competitive means only the winners from each round will advance.

Non-Competitive Events: Any tournaments not listed as Competitive are “Swiss style” which means you’ll play in all rounds of that tournament.

Constructed Queue: Entry fee is having at least a 60 card constructed deck to play +300 plat. All three sets are valid for construction.

Draft Queue: entry fee is three set 3 packs (Armies of Myth) + 100 platinum OR 700 platinum. Players bring in 3 packs, opening 1 pack then picking a single card. The packs are then passed to the left or right and another single card is selected from the next pack. This continues until all the cards have been picked then another pack is opened. This process is repeated until all packs are gone. Players make their deck from the card pool they’ve selected.

Sealed Queue: entry fee is six set 3 packs (Armies of Myth) + 200 platinum OR 1400 platinum. Players bring in 6 packs opening them all then construct their deck from that pool of cards.

Scheduled Events: There are several of these events throughout the day both in constructed and sealed formats. These are set to launch off at specific times and require 16+ players to start. The scheduled tournaments are 4 rounds of Swiss.

Scheduled Sealed: Entry fee is six set 3 packs (Armies of Myth) + 200 platinum OR 1400 platinum.

Scheduled Constructed: entry fee is having at least a 60 card constructed deck to play + 500 plat. All three sets are valid for construction.

Gauntlet: HEX tournaments are awesome, but you don’t always have an hour or more to complete a booster draft. When that is the case, we have Constructed and Sealed Deck Gauntlet. Constructed matches are best 2/3 sealed in single elimination. You play matches against other players until you’ve either bested five opponents or fall to three. You do not have to play all your matches in one session—you can play your matches seconds, minutes, days, or weeks apart, even years!

Gauntlet Constructed: entry fee is having at least a 60 card constructed deck to play + 500 plat. All three sets are valid for construction.

Gauntlet Sealed: entry fee is six set 3 packs (Armies of Myth) + 200 platinum OR 1400 platinum.

Head to Head: One Round of constructed best 2/3. Entry fee is having at least a 60 card constructed deck to play + 100 plat. All three sets are valid for construction.

Tournament Rewards:
    Rewards for any event can be viewed by clicking the reward tab to the right on the tournament page.
    Players keep all cards gained from paid tournaments however these cards wont be available to you until the tournament is completed.
    Any prizing you’ve won will be mailed to you when the tournament has been finished by all players.
    Any packs won in tournaments do have a chance to spawn a Primal pack.

Keep in mind even the best players were beginners once. Good luck and have fun.

If you have any specific questions feel free to post them below.
    Last edited by NOBLERoostasaur; 02-17-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Fil kape is surprising eloquent. Great article!
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Hi i'm new to Hex and i love it !!
    Yesterday i did my first draft and of course lost 0-3 ;P
    Afterwards i got 35 cards from the draft but should i not be getting 45 cards ?
    There 15 in a pack and you open 3 so i'm bit confused by this.

Great guide btw

Quote Originally Posted by Rott View Post
    Hi i'm new to Hex and i love it !!
    Yesterday i did my first draft and of course lost 0-3 ;P
    Afterwards i got 35 cards from the draft but should i not be getting 45 cards ?
    There 15 in a pack and you open 3 so i'm bit confused by this.

Great guide btw
    You likely got 45 cards. Remember sometimes in the mail display it does not show duplicates. So if you picked a few cards multiple times, they may have only shown once on mail receipt, but will be 45 cards in your deck manager.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    You likely got 45 cards. Remember sometimes in the mail display it does not show duplicates. So if you picked a few cards multiple times, they may have only shown once on mail receipt, but will be 45 cards in your deck manager.
    Ow yes of course that must be it.
    How dumb of me
    Thanks Nico it's clear now

Thanks for that! Great article

[EDIT] Nevermind
    Last edited by Loumy; 12-10-2015 at 12:03 PM.