Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will set3 also bring new PvP Champions?

I disagree bootlace. I think champions should be a huge part of shaping the format. Set one champion powers largely felt tacked on. Set two felt much more integrated since they did have such a potent effect.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    I disagree bootlace. I think champions should be a huge part of shaping the format. Set one champion powers largely felt tacked on. Set two felt much more integrated since they did have such a potent effect.
    It's understandable people are going to have different preferences on how prominent of a role champions should serve inside the game - I'm of the theory that cards you buy should serve as center stage but I can see arguments the other way as well.

However it's less debatable whether a format in which you can so easily put together a game-winning strategy (play evasive troop + pump it with charge power) with clear lack of removal for opponent to do anything about is a healthy one. Games against Bunoshi decks often devolve into whether you're able to draw your removal before the damage has been done. I'm not saying Bunoshi decks are OP or anything like that, but it's a poor gaming experience to be always be put on such a RNG clock even if it only goes against you 40% of the time.

Champions help mitigate the difference between new and old players - by both giving variety in deckbuilding and mitigating deckbuilding mistakes.

In my opinion, more is betrer, as long as there is an upper limit that we don't cross. We don't really want to have 60 champions for new players to learn as they come in.

I do hope when they cycle out we get an 'retired' tab where we can use them for fun games.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

IMO, as long as champions rotate out frequently enough it shouldn't be an issue. I agree that if the champs stick around through future set design you're adding constraints to the power of your cards in your most current set because of decisions of previous sets. You might have added a bunoshi like champ to shore up something, and took that into account in set two, but that might be overbearing in set 4.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Yeah, I don't think, even knowing all the champions, that I would want more than 30. That is just so many champions to go through when you make a deck and worry about in pvp. I think they should come out with champions on a regular basis, with the sets. I think they are just as important to the sets as the cards themselves, and as long as champions are being rotated out, like a bunch have suggested, it would work fine; if not always give champions a fresh feel. Which, when you think about it, that's what sets are for; giving everyone a fresh start. Said another way, champions are already starting to feel stale IMO.

PvE, the more the merrier. I would guess though, that most of the mercenaries and your own skills --- Your character has his own progression --- would be a lot more fun to play with 90% of the time.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

Gigantisaur
    Since Hex is a beautiful amalgamation of TCG, CCG, RPG, MMO, and Bear-Fight Simulator, they should add MOBAs into the mix and have a hundred PvP champs that people can buy individually along with a core free set.

Hmmm... I wrote this post intended as a joke, but now I'm thinking there might be some legitimate way of doing that...

Master of Gifs
    I think that Champions should be rotated out in Limited formats based on what sets are allowed in the draft/sealed, but in Constructed/Proving Grounds formats where all sets are allowed I would expect all Champions to also be allowed.