Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobilegeddon is Upon US - hextcg.com is Not Ready

High Tomb Lord

Mobilegeddon is Upon US - hextcg.com is Not Ready

The biggest change in Google rankings in many years is taking place. Google will be penalizing sites that are not mobile friendly in searches from mobile devices. This has web masters and SEO's around the world scrambling to get their sites ready.Here is an article for those interested: http://searchengineland.com/google-c...se-more-217399

There is a mobile friendly testing tool with which you can test any web page's readiness for the update: https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...bile-friendly/

I am posting this because I would like to bring to attention the fact that pretty much nothing here is mobile friendly. Not the hextcg.com main page, nor the articles there, nor the forums here. All of these pages are about to sink in the results of mobile search.

I'm not sure if HEX even has SEO guys or who runs the site, but someone should really start getting the HEX sites ready for mobilegeddon.

Given it only applies to googles mobile search results
    http://searchengineland.com/library/...riendly-update
    And tablet support hasn't launched yet I don't think it is a concern at this point.
    It might be of greater concern once tablet support is introduced.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by zadies View Post
    Given it only applies to googles mobile search results
    http://searchengineland.com/library/...riendly-update
    And tablet support hasn't launched yet I don't think it is a concern at this point.
    It might be of greater concern once tablet support is introduced.
    Yeah, it only applies to mobile....which is is just about 1/2 of ALL searches.I agree that it will be even more important when we get tablet support. But that does not mean it is not of importance now. I don't know of a company on the planet who does not value search ranking highly.

Man, weird. I am using a mobile device like 75% of the time I'm viewing these forums, or hextcg.com. Never felt like it was a problem.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

An unadvertised game... in beta... probably doesn't care about search ranks on a device that the beta currently does not support.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Man, weird. I am using a mobile device like 75% of the time I'm viewing these forums, or hextcg.com. Never felt like it was a problem.
    I am also often on mobile as well. There is not often a problem reading the posts (sometimes they do show abnormally small though), but Google is taking into consideration things like how far apart the buttons are, how easily it is to tap things on your site. I ran some forum threads through the tester and they failed.

An unadvertised game... in beta... probably doesn't care about search ranks on a device that the beta currently does not support.
    Not unless they want people to find out about their game.

The point i was making there israel was an unadvertised game that does not support a mobile platform probably has other priorities then letting people on mobile devices know about it.

High Tomb Lord
    The point i was making there israel was an unadvertised game that does not support a mobile platform probably has other priorities then letting people on mobile devices know about it.
    The impact of search on any company or organization is enormous. It does not matter if their product is mobile, nor does their marketing campaign matter (HEX actually has a rather nice marketing push with $100k tourney now though). Everyone I know who runs web sites, including myself, are all updating and tweaking sites for this. Doesn't matter if it's a web site for a church, car company, landscaping, hair salon, whatever. People find information on mobile.

+1 for more mobile support!

I'm know game on mobile is probably months or a year away but site/forum update would be nice. Forums are very limited atm.
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

The Transcended
    This is useful information, regardless of whether it's needed immediately or not.