Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual Addons?

The Transcended
    If the API feed is not sorted, one could just add the card name to the overlay boxes. Less elegant but still gets the job done.

I mean, I'm probably going to have to just make a simple program that runs as hex is running and you can just alt tab to see. That seems like the easiest way for it to be portable (no scaling issues with resolution). But that doesn't stop the fact that, if CZE just made a tooltip hover mechanic for draft. It could easily be implemented to show how many cards you have in a collection through a simple number. I'm just doing this because I'm a tad impatient, I guess.

But showing you how many cards you have in your library when your drafting is probably low on their priority list, as it should be. But thanks for the feedback. I'll just play it safe and make a separate program that just lists the cards that you don't have and how many you need. I think that will be the simplest.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

The Transcended
    Make sure you have your app always on top so that you can have it overlay with the Hex window.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Make sure you have your app always on top so that you can have it overlay with the Hex window.
    Hmm, not sure if this is necessary if I don't try and overlay the borders. Since overlaying the borders, I'd have to account for resolution and stuff, I think it might just be easier to have the program run with it's own menu space, that updates every draft pick msg. AS a text interface, not visual borders like I had originally hoped. Of course the text version could also just be V.1 until I find more time to make it look nice as well =].

Update on progress: Sorry guys, I actually got a full time job now (WOO not poor anymore!), but of course that means I've had less time to do the things I want. Lately I've been catching up on Destiny before House of Wolves DLC drops in two weeks, but I promise I'll still give this a couple hours a week at the least. So for those hoping to use this program, it's still coming don't worry!

Edit: But at the same time, it might also be nice to have it stay in front so you don't have to alt tab if you don't want to.
    Last edited by Blare731; 05-01-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Blare731 View Post
    Edit: But at the same time, it might also be nice to have it stay in front so you don't have to alt tab if you don't want to.
    Thus my comment.

Hero of Adamanth
    I could look over my old code (had some for a card-collection app pre API) - will see if any of it is relevant for this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    As long as it's a separate program and not a modification to the client, why would it be prohibited?
    Because:
    3. Unauthorized Third Party Software. You are strictly prohibited from use of unauthorized third party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the HEX Game ...
    If you write a program that pulls data from the client and wasn't explicitly authorized by HexEnt you are in violation of of that clause of the TOS.

If they explicitly authorized this particular use (perhaps in the API documentation) you're good to go, but otherwise you're in the big grey area of "technically the ToS says you can't do it but the devs may not actually care unless to do something disruptive with it".

[edit] It looks like this was about writing a program that in parallel queries the Hex server for your collection via the API to display metatdata not querying the client for data. That's subtly but importantly different regarding the ToS.
    Last edited by Turtlewing; 05-04-2015 at 10:23 AM.

The Transcended
    This is all using the Hex API. If the official Hex API is banned by the ToS, there's something very wrong with the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blare731 View Post
    But at the same time, it might also be nice to have it stay in front so you don't have to alt tab if you don't want to.
    Multiple monitors yo.

If the API shouted out cards in pack opened during draft rather than just what cards were picked, (I think this was requested but not yet implemented) it would be very easy to have a program that runs parallel to hex and shows you the cards as you're suggesting.
    IGN - Victory
    Guild Master Backer:
    http://i.imgur.com/W8LAtLe.png

I've implemented a small application that shows you in realtime the draft packs and the cards you pick. It also displays the amount of each of those cards in your collection, granted you have previously synced with TCGBrowser.

You can check it here http://hex.tcgbrowser.com:8080/livedraft?CODE

The CODE is the same used for API sync. Go here if you need to create one.

I've done some local testing and seems fine, but didn't yet have the chance to try it on live. Have fun!