Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Clockwork - A New Guild Emerges!

Hybrid View

Master Theorycrafter

Cool Team Clockwork - A New Guild Emerges!

“Luck? Perhaps. But more often, I dare to say, luck is simply the advantage a true warrior gains in executing the correct course of action.”
    - Drizzt Do’Urden, The Halfling’s Gem

Welcome to Team Clockwork – a new guild focused on three core values: comradery, competitiveness, and creativity.

http://teamclockwork.enjin.com/home

Team Clockwork is a new guild looking for players who are ready to be a part of something new. We are composed of a wide variety of players from people taking their first tentative steps into a TCG, all the way up the spectrum to players who have participated in the highest tier of tournament in other TCG games. We focus on recruiting members who are willing to give their best effort and contribute to the well-being of the guild; whatever that may be for that member.

BrynhildrGuildMaster – I have played TCGs for over 20 years, taking my first steps into TCGs with my dad teaching me how to play MTG at the age of nine. I love not only to compete in tournaments, but also to think up wacky deck ideas to have fun with. I used to play WoW as part of a guild called Immortality; I participated in the world first kills on Lord Kazzak and Ouro.

WyantOfficer – Wyant is no stranger to the competitive scene of TCGs, having participated in innumerable tournaments for various trading card games, most notably Pro Tours in MTG. When he’s not busy slinging cards, he’s probably chasing after some obscure achievement in WoW.

SEConds - PvP Team Leader - SEConds is a consistent high-placer in community tournaments, doing well and pushing the envelope on the metagame. His passion for the game and love for constructed play translate well into the world of Hex.

CaptRalfio - PvP Team Leader - CaptRalfio is another great competitive competitor with numerous high finishes in community tournaments. Along with the rest of our team, his powerful grasp on competitive play make him an asset for our team.

Team Clockwork is a guild founded by the community, FOR the community. We are seeking members who want to be a part of a new guild experience from the ground up. We would like members to meet the following criteria:

Passion for the game - People who are driven to succeed and want to have a good time. Positive people who will contribute to a positive atmosphere.

Comradery for their fellow guildmates - People who want to band together to advance a common cause. Who are willing to help each other with what they need, whether that is a deck test, some drafting advice, a spare card, or in other ways. We want players to be a part of our team and contribute to its success.

People who are excited about the prospect of building something new. - Team Clockwork is a new guild. We do not have years of history, nor do we have an established infrastructure. We are looking for members who want to become part of that experience and enjoy the growth of the game together.

I understand how important a guild that is run fairly and in an organized manner is. I have run previous guilds dating all the way back to Ultima Online and have the experience necessary to ensure things run smoothly. I am dedicated to the game, and will not just “up and disappear.” A guild to me is one that fosters teamwork in its members, and I intend to help cultivate that feeling by organizing our own guild events – both PvE and PvP. Therefore, you can expect:

- Guild Events: Organized tournaments, PvE Raids, and other activites.
    - Competitive PvP Structure: Including internal meta-deck testing and playtests.
    - Fun PvE Atmosphere: Where creative decks are encouraged and we share our discoveries.
    - Unified Team Structure: When Guilds are implemented fully, we will utilize all features available (Guild Bank? Guild Tab?) to ensure we function at a high level.
    - Fair Guild Structure: A guild that encourages cooperation and equal division of resources. No “Officers get Loot first!” mentality.
    - Tools to help our guild flourish - including Voice Chat and a website.
    - Guild Produced Content: Our more creative members are encouraged to contribute to the Hex Community with their creations. Here are a few things we’ve done: Brynhildr's Draft Tier List, The Trials of Entrath Contest

We ask of our members that they have the following traits:

1) Maturity – Our guild is comprised of many older gamers and I simply cannot shield younger members of our guild from every crude joke or curse word. Therefore, we ask that members are able to tolerate a more mature guild community. Though we do not restrict our guild to members 18 or older, please understand that by joining you will be subject to occasional adult conversations/topics.

2) Team-Oriented – Our guild is comprised of all types of players. From the hardcore pro-player to the very casual free-to-play player. We ask that all members contribute to the guild in their own way; whether that is by helping others test their decks, offering advice, or even contributing cards or equipment to other guildmates. On that same note – the guild is not a charity; we each have expectations of what we hope to achieve within the game, and it is expected that if you ask for resources, you contribute some in kind.

3) Fun – We ask that our members have fun by participating in everything the game has to offer, as well as our own community events. The guild is only as enjoyable as the members that comprise it.

4) Tolerant – We will not tolerate any behavior that contributes to a negative guild atmosphere. While constructive criticism of ideas is expected and encouraged, we have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of trolling or harassment. Violators will be removed from the guild.

Sound like a group you are interested in being a part of? Great! Simply head over to Our Website, send in an application, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We do conduct a brief survey of our applicants to make sure we weed out the trolls, so be prepared to discuss a few things, namely:
    - What parts of Hex you are interested in.
    - How competitive of a player you are, whether casual or heavily competitive.
    - What you expect from Team Clockwork.
    - And Finally, a casual game against one of us for fun.

Thanks for reading!

- Adam (Brynhildr)

Congrats Brynhildr on your launch. Wish you guys the best, and we will definitely have to have some fun guild vs. guild battles later when that day comes

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Congrats Brynhildr on your launch. Wish you guys the best, and we will definitely have to have some fun guild vs. guild battles later when that day comes
    For sure, my friend! There will definitely be some awesome events coming up that I'd like to run. :-)

Hi Team Clockwork!

That sounds great and i wonder where are you from? I guess most of you guys are from the US, arent you? I am from Europa and i am afraid, that i'm online at different times than you.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by dbug View Post
    Hi Team Clockwork!

That sounds great and i wonder where are you from? I guess most of you guys are from the US, arent you? I am from Europa and i am afraid, that i'm online at different times than you.
    Hi dbug,

While most of us are centered in the East Coast of the US, we have recently recruited a few European members as well. Many of us tend to play from 7:00PM EST onwards on weeknights which generally is 11PM or later for you. That being said, we are open to recruiting from anywhere in the world, merely submit an application and we can see if you are a right fit for us. :-)

Cheers!
    - Bryn

Master Theorycrafter
    Team Clockwork is running it's first inner-guild tournament - Pauperesque Format!

Many Booster packs are up for grabs, but more importantly, a growing community awaits you! If you're looking for a new place to call home, submit an application today and get in on our tournament action.

Thanks
    - Bryn

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAoE2 View Post
    Team Clockwork is running it's first inner-guild tournament - Pauperesque Format!

Many Booster packs are up for grabs, but more importantly, a growing community awaits you! If you're looking for a new place to call home, submit an application today and get in on our tournament action.

Thanks
    - Bryn
    How many members have you got?

Master Theorycrafter
    We are still alive and kicking - looking forward to the release of PvE and continued presence in PvP tournaments.

Congrats to DaethStar for making it into the top 4 in the FiveShards' Diamond Cup!

Recruitment: http://teamclockwork.enjin.com/recruitment

Im a guildmember for a while now, but I can only encourage all, to join!
    Nice, helpfull people. Fun games, in guild tournaments and much much more will come, when guilds will be officially implemented!
    Also we have some of our guild mates investing free time to create usefull things. Such as Brynhildr's Super Hex Collection Spreadsheet! v1.0 at http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=46133
    Or the summary, guide/ excel sheet, that our PVP leader: Bmon runs at our guild forums..

We arent the biggest guild, but if you join, there are surely fun times waiting for you!