Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX Update - Becoming a Game Designer

HEX Update - Becoming a Game Designer

Join Ben Stoll in jumping into this Friday update to talk about what it's like being a Game Designer. We know many of you are interested!

Oh, and there are a couple set 3 cards in there.

http://hextcg.com/hex-update-becoming-a-game-designer/
    Last edited by Phenteo; 05-15-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

mmmm vampire princess mmmmm *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by Taqo View Post
    mmmm vampire princess mmmmm *drools*
    All I can think of is pairing her up with Queen Grace for B/D control....

Thanks Ben for some insight. I'm sure many of us have at times dreamed of becoming game designers. It's fascinating, but also for many of us out of reach due to certain life circumstances. I hope, the community can at least be a muse/point of inspiration for your work. For some of us, the feedback and ideas we provide are heavily coated in the dream of being game designers ourselves.

Humility and Work Ethic will take anyone, in any career with fair and observant employers, from the bottom to the top. It's nice to be able to experience the benefits of that wise knowledge, several years now into my own career.

Devoted Emissary
    with vampire king in there as well

Purge is expensive, but basically a game-ender for troop-heavy decks (which is good for me as I don't have the patience for control decks).

Vampiric Kiss is pretty nifty, and Vampiric Princess is a stonkingly good rare - 3/4 lifedrain flyer with a great ability and a fun random one too!

P.S. Set 4 Vampire Prince rare w/ signature Vampiric card targeting resources - art = Vampire Princess + Poldark farmer. For the fans!

10/10 article, will be reading again.

Thanks for a great update!
    As for Vampire Princess, she'll be great in draft, but I don't think she'll be making too many splashes in constructed. Might be good against control decks, since she can get on the board before control reaches 3 mana, if you're on the play. Probably eats a removal spell right away, but that's not awful.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Master Theorycrafter
    Hmm, is the princess ability a may ability?
    Will we be asked every time we play a kiss if we want to cast it for free, Or will it just change all kisses to 0 cost?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRoger View Post
    Hmm, is the princess ability a may ability?
    Will we be asked every time we play a kiss if we want to cast it for free, Or will it just change all kisses to 0 cost?
    Good catch. Reads as a may ability to me. You should be able to cast it for 3 or for 0. It ought to use an interface like tunnelers, where you get the choice to hardcast it or cast it for free when you click it. Of course, it could be changed by the time the set goes live to read "Vampire Kisses you cast cost 0."
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!