Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Selfish Request

A Selfish Request

With the coming addition of gauntlet, I once again will bring about my selfish request...

As a KS backer with weekly draft tickets, I've always wished I could use my draft tickets for Sealed. Considering a draft ticket is worth exactly half a sealed, the conversion is pretty simple from a non-programming standpoint.

Now, with the addition of Gauntlet Sealed, being able to use a draft ticket to pay for half of a Sealed tournament would be more awesome than ever. I'd love to spread out my time throughout the week instead of making sure I have 3 hours set aside to draft.

Not something I expect to happen soon, but just some wishful thinking
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

This is a wonderful idea. I don't know if CZE will even consider implementing this but I would be very very very grateful if they would as lately I find myself having less and less time to play
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2...ture_d00dz.jpg
    Producer | 2x Grand King | Pro Player

I like this idea also, but alas, don't see a clean way for its implementation.

Lifetime drafts for a limited number of high end KS backers were a brilliant strategy for the longevity of the game. Not only does it (and the Spectral Garden) help perpetuate people logging in at min weekly, but it helps the queues to continually fire. Now who doesn't enjoy low queue times?!!

While I would also stand to benefit from some type of policy that you are recommending, I don't believe it's a wise move for the health of drafting... at least for now. KS backers still account for a significant percentage of the player base. Once we break the 7 figure mark in account numbers, that will no longer be the case. However, I feel this Async will become an instant hit... and now more than ever do these free drafts need to continue doing it's part in helping draft queue times.

Just my own two cents on the situation.

Breaking 7 figures in account numbers? Easy. Breaking 7 figures in active people after they hit the paywall? Not likely. So in other words.... Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Trynyty View Post
    Breaking 7 figures in account numbers? Easy. Breaking 7 figures in active people after they hit the paywall? Not likely. So in other words.... Nope.
    what paywall do you speak of? this game is the most f2p friendly I have ever seen. If you are talking about tournaments, those were never meant to be free. Despite this fact it is still possible to draft for free just by running arena. I forgot the exact numbers but wasn't it ~13 arena runs to pay for a draft entirely from the store?

I am not trying to be rude or anything, I really do not understand what you mean by paywall in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    what paywall do you speak of? this game is the most f2p friendly I have ever seen. If you are talking about tournaments, those were never meant to be free. Despite this fact it is still possible to draft for free just by running arena. I forgot the exact numbers but wasn't it ~13 arena runs to pay for a draft entirely from the store?

I am not trying to be rude or anything, I really do not understand what you mean by paywall in this game...
    There really is no paywall, but there is a boredom wall. It will keep getting hit unless you take a good year long break from the game. We need full PvE experience to keep the F2P happy, and to allow them to diversify their gold grinding experience if they refuse to make their experience with PvP easy with plat purchases.

This game is not designed to allows 100% or even 75% of the community play for free and go infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    There really is no paywall, but there is a boredom wall. It will keep getting hit unless you take a good year long break from the game. We need full PvE experience to keep the F2P happy, and to allow them to diversify their gold grinding experience if they refuse to make their experience with PvP easy with plat purchases.

This game is not designed to allows 100% or even 75% of the community play for free and go infinite.
    ah yes. boredom wall I can see, at least for now. As you said though, I doubt that this will be a problem in the long run once we have multiple dungeons out (especially not when we get the 40+ they mentioned in the KS)

The Transcended
    I like the OP idea, but I think Stok3d has it right. I would guess the 6-month add on to the free drafts was not entirely charity. I would guess they're watching their numbers closely (as they should) and concluded they need the KS players to keep the Drafts firing.

High Tomb Lord
    I'd think it just as important to make sure gauntlet has enough players to "fire" as well. I think it's a great idea.