Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GIVEAWAY - HEX's 2nd Birthday - Crazy Highlands Blackbelt Combos

GIVEAWAY - HEX's 2nd Birthday - Crazy Highlands Blackbelt Combos

OK, finally decided on what I want to do as a giveaway...

Crazy Highlands Blackbelt Combos

1. Using any cards and champions (and equipment for the PVE category; except as noted in (7) below) we know about from Sets 1-3, work out the maximum damage you could theoretically do to the opposing champion with Highlands Blackbelt (directly or indirectly) on Turn 1, Turn 2, Turn 3 and Turn 4.

• The only card you must use is Highlands Blackbelt
    • You can assume your opponent doesn't have any blockers and/or removal
    • You do not have to provide a complete decklist, but abide by all deckbuilding rules for the category you enter in
    • You can choose your draws each turn with the exception that you cannot assume that if you draw any other cards on a turn that you'll get your zero cost Wild Growth back
    • Your deck is 60 cards unless you're specifically using Jankbot in your solution
    • Assume you are playing first
    • Make your entry as specific and as self-contained as possible - I do not have encyclopedic knowledge of every piece of equipment, new champion powers, etc.

2. Send me an email at giveaway(at)ratedhex.com with your Turn 1, 2, 3, and 4 plays and the expected damage. Make sure you tell me your IGN and forum name.

3. Post in this thread that you've sent me an entry (but do not post your entry here!)

4. You can submit entries for one or both of 2 categories: PVP and/or PVE

5. I'll provide prizes to multiple winners in both the PVE and PVP categories. Maximum theoretical damage will definitely take a prize (to the first person submitting the maximum damage entry in each category), but so will cool combos that use interesting/unusual cards/champions. I'll also select winners in each Dual Threshold combo (RD, RS, RW, RB), and from any Tri Threshold entries.

6. You have until 11.59pm PDT on June 12th, 2015 to enter

7. Banned Cards: Replicator's Gambit

8. I will check potential winning entries for accuracy. Depending on how many entries I get, I may not communicate your error to you if you've made a mistake. Make sure you check your work!

9. I'll edit this post and add updated rules as people ask questions/get clarification, etc.

Prizes: there are hundreds of Set 1 and Set 2 packs, 10's of draft tickets, and multiple Jadiim and Buccaneer sleeves on the line.

Get thinking!

Potential Winners

• PVP - Maximum Damage
    • PVE - Maximum Damage
    • PVP - R - Maximum Damage
    • PVE - R - Maximum Damage
    • PVP - R - Style
    • PVE - R - Style
    • PVP - RD - Maximum Damage
    • PVE - RD - Maximum Damage
    • PVP - RD - Style
    • PVE - RD - Style
    • PVP - RS - Maximum Damage
    • PVE - RS - Maximum Damage
    • PVP - RS - Style
    • PVE - RS - Style
    • PVP - RW - Maximum Damage
    • PVE - RW - Maximum Damage
    • PVP - RW - Style
    • PVE - RW - Style
    • PVP - RB - Maximum Damage
    • PVE - RB - Maximum Damage
    • PVP - RB - Style
    • PVE - RB - Style
    • PVP - XXX - Maximum Damage
    • PVE - XXX - Maximum Damage
    • PVP - XXX - Style
    • PVE - XXX - Style

Additional Rules Clarifications

• If you get to choose the cards (e.g. the passive that makes 4 copies of a chosen troop), you can draw them as part of your solution. If it's RANDOM (like Avenging Angel) you CANNOT assume you'll get free versions of the cards you want. Yes, I just made playing against the Angel pointless.
    • Your opponent can do nothing to stop you
    • For PVE you can choose your opponent but can only assume the use of their PASSIVE. You cannot, however, assume that any random PVE champion power will resolve in your favor. In fact, assume it always gives you the worst result.
    • Yes, you can use any PVE cards currently available for player use in the Production client.
    Last edited by hex_colin; 06-06-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

This is going to be a fun competition! Thanks~

I assume, but want to verify, no Spectral Lotus, right, as it is unreleased?

Several questions:

You are specifically interested in the sum of damage dealt by Highlands Blackbelt on turns 3 and 4, correct? You're not looking for a a separate winner for turns 3 and 4? You also do not care about any damage that we can manage on earlier turns?

What other assumptions can we make about our opponent? The lack of blockers, yes, but what about other cards they play? Are they doing things that we have control over, or are they just a goldfish? Can we choose a PVE arena champion to fight against?

Are PVE-specific cards allowed? They're technically not sets 1-3.
    Last edited by Kilo24; 06-05-2015 at 10:52 PM.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    Entered, hopefully I put enough highlands magus's in. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xavon View Post
    I assume, but want to verify, no Spectral Lotus, right, as it is unreleased?
    Yes, no Spectral Lotus. Set 1 and Set 2 as released, any PVE cards in the client currently, and any Set 3 cards we've seen spoilers for.

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo24 View Post
    Several questions:

You are specifically interested in the sum of damage dealt by Highlands Blackbelt on turns 3 and 4, correct? You're not looking for a a separate winner for turns 3 and 4? You also do not care about any damage that we can manage on earlier turns?

What other assumptions can we make about our opponent? The lack of blockers, yes, but what about other cards they play? Are they doing things that we have control over, or are they just a goldfish? Can we choose a PVE arena champion to fight against?

Are PVE-specific cards allowed? They're technically not sets 1-3.
    Updated to include Turn 2, Turn 3, and Turn 4. I'd like individual values for each turn (for ease of checking), but will only be considering the total for Maximum Damage prizes.

Your opponent can do nothing to stop you. And, yes, for PVE you can choose your opponent but can only assume the use of their PASSIVE. You cannot, however, assume that any random PVE champion power will resolve in your favor. In fact, assume it always gives you the worst result.

Yes, you can use any PVE cards currently available for player use in the Production client.
    Last edited by hex_colin; 06-05-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Are we counting damage from a single Highlands Blackbelt, or from all Highlands Blackbelts? If we transform another card into a Blackbelt and then do damage with it, does the damage from still count? What about vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo24 View Post
    Are we counting damage from a single Highlands Blackbelt, or from all Highlands Blackbelts? If we transform another card into a Blackbelt and then do damage with it, does the damage from still count? What about vice versa?
    As many Blackbelts as you can legally put in your deck and get into play (without using Gambit), but they have to be Blackbelts when they do the damage for it to count.

Are PVE bonuses from challenges permitted on bosses (like +0/1 resource or +2 charges), or are challenges (like Cerebral Fulmination)?

If a Ruby-only setup does more damage than, say, a Ruby-Wild setup, will it win the Ruby/Wild category too? Or are we required to use those cards somehow?