Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Ghost Cards!

  1. #1
    Rigid Buffalo
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Lake Forest, Califor
    Posts
    94

    Ghost Cards!

    What are your guys' thoughts on the Ghost Cards? What abilities are you most excited about?
    The Yeti Handler

    Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

  2. #2
    Love'em! My only comment would be that the Boogaloo Manifestation and Fearsome Flush should have swapped ranges. The bigger ghost should have more slime!

    EDIT: Oh yeah, one other question: is it possible to 'get rid' of the ghosts that aren't trappable, like the Grey Lady, or does she just float around for the entire mission?
    Last edited by RogueNine; 06-09-2015 at 06:29 PM.

  3. #3
    I'm excited for all of them! But, hmmm, Boogieman, Spectral GB's (my little babies!) classic Gozer and Terror dogs (I wonder if there will be a possession mod for them?)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueNine View Post
    Love'em! My only comment would be that the Boogaloo Manifestation and Fearsome Flush should have swapped ranges. The bigger ghost should have more slime!

    EDIT: Oh yeah, one other question: is it possible to 'get rid' of the ghosts that aren't trappable, like the Grey Lady, or does she just float around for the entire mission?
    Hi RogueNine,

    We went with a farther spread with the Fearsome Flush to line up with the Galloping Ghoul's "When Trapped" ability, while the Boogaloo Manifestation triggers "When Missed", so it happens more often, and more likely when near Ghostbusters. The Fearsome Flush retained the great risk/reward feel of its Class 1 counterpart, while bringing a unique twist to the odd/even mechanic.

    With un-trappable Ghosts, we wanted to have persistent entities that provide a new value to your game play, but keep in mind that when you close the last Gate in a scenario, every Ghost, even the Gray Lady, goes into the Spirit World.

    Thanks for the question!
    -Mataio Wilson
    Ghostbusters The Board Game Lead Designer

  5. #5

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by BradBosshart View Post
    I'm excited for all of them! But, hmmm, Boogieman, Spectral GB's (my little babies!) classic Gozer and Terror dogs (I wonder if there will be a possession mod for them?)
    Good to see you Brad!

    The Spectral Ghostbusters are awesome, and through testing, everyone questioned their original strategy for dealing with these guys!

    -Mataio Wilson
    Ghostbusters The Board Game Lead Designer

  6. #6
    I can't wait to see them! I printed the new cards, and I'm hoping to play in two weeks when We visitmy sister and her family.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataio_Wilson View Post
    Good to see you Brad!

    The Spectral Ghostbusters are awesome, and through testing, everyone questioned their original strategy for dealing with these guys!

    -Mataio Wilson
    Ghostbusters The Board Game Lead Designer
    I'm glad to see you made little tweaks in many of the character cards since the KS closed! I probably confused you with my post,but will the Terror Dogs have a scenario where they can posess people.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBosshart View Post
    I'm glad to see you made little tweaks in many of the character cards since the KS closed! I probably confused you with my post,but will the Terror Dogs have a scenario where they can posess people.
    The Terror Dogs don't explicitly have that ability, but we have the tools to customize the cards for future free Print and Play releases. I'll add it to the list of things to test out!

  9. #9
    Great! The nice thing about using cards and scenarios is the game is basically unlimited. We the fans (on this forum) have already made some custom scenarios and characters, I'm sure more "official" and unofficial ones will happen as we get more familiar with the game.

  10. #10
    Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    282
    I did have a question about the Werechicken card. Mainly the lack of one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •