Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet

Master of Gifs

Gauntlet

More info on the new Gauntlet mode:

https://www.hextcg.com/enter-the-gauntlet/

This is so great for people with limited time, thanks HXE!

Master Theorycrafter
    I am going to spend way too much platinum on gauntlet. The stream will be gauntlet sealed gauntlet constructed and arena to spin chests. Rinse lather repeat. My free time to the Hex Primals I offer up for sacrifice. May the picks be good and the draws be better.
    HexHunterMokog:

My Latest Video: DeckTech: Elemental Storms!
    @ YouTube @ Facebook @ Twitter @ Twitch.tv

Learn from Failure. Be Humble in Success.

This seems pretty solid to me as a format. Upon first reading wasn't a huge fan of single game matches for either version, but I think it definitely makes it a small time investment sort of format, which is pretty great. And the variance will even out in the long run, especially with three losses to give each time through. Any idea on how long the clocks will be since it's a game clock instead of a match clock?

The Transcended
    Asynch has arrived!

Oh yeah!

I'm curious if they used my proposed matchmaking algorithm.

Gigantisaur
    I hope this does not degrade draft to a point of barely firing but only at certain times of the day. I would at least like to be able to play one per week.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Is it just me or do the payouts seem to be not very good? Sealed you have to win the entire gauntlet just to recoup your packs. Add in the 200 plat fee on top and it's impossible to go infinite without selling a bunch of the cards you open on the AH afterwards.

Constructed you need 3 wins just to beat store prices... not very enticing either.

It's certainly convenient, and we've been waiting for that very excitedly, but the prizes don't really call out to me at all.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Is it just me or do the payouts seem to be not very good? Sealed you have to win the entire gauntlet just to recoup your packs. Add in the 200 plat fee on top and it's impossible to go infinite without selling a bunch of the cards you open on the AH afterwards.

Constructed you need 3 wins just to beat store prices... not very enticing either.

It's certainly convenient, and we've been waiting for that very excitedly, but the prizes don't really call out to me at all.
    Well for sealed you keep your packs you open of course, so you only need 1 win to recoup entry fee. But I agree Constructed fee seems a tad high for the payouts, but I guess being really convenient to play is a plus though.

I have computed the following reward assuming the win ratio is 50% :
    5 wins 22,66% 6 packs
    4 wins 11,72% 4 packs
    3 wins 15,63% 3 packs
    2 wins 18,75% 2 packs
    1 wins 18,75% 1 packs
    0 wins 12,50% 0 packs
    The average is 2.86 packs or 572 plats per gauntlet.

500 plats fee in construct, are you kidding ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamino72 View Post
    500 plats fee in construct, are you kidding ?
    Maybe not that bad considering you don't have to crack packs.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post

I agree that it seems a lot worse than regular sealed, but at least this sealed will fire. And regular sealed you have to go undefeated to get the top prize. This you can go 5-2 and still get 6 packs. I feel like there should be prizes for 6,7,8 wins though, since it's only single games.
    Member of Cornerstone & The Unnamed Council- Fan of hex.tcgbrowser.com - Has sigs turned off on the forum