Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fair enough, and you see my proc rate on test server, my live server procs look worse than your numbers there lol

490 set 3 packs --> 5 primals
    1.01 proc rate

Funnily enough, that looks much worse than my proc rate on the live server which is 8 Primals from 151 packs!!!

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    I got 9 off 250. Also, this thread is stupid. You're more likely to post if you get a negative result.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGabriel View Post
    I got 9 off 250. Also, this thread is stupid. You're more likely to post if you get a negative result.
    That logic.....
    I think people are generally posting to share what they've gleaned, regardless of the result.

add another 100 for me - 1 primal

300 set 3 packs - 5 primals
    -Stormshard

Quote Originally Posted by KingGabriel View Post
    I got 9 off 250. You're more likely to post if you get a negative result.
    Thank you for the data. Statistics do not care about who is most likely to post if there is no incentive to do so aka "biased poll syndrom". There is no valid reason why one with a "negative" result would be more or less likely to post than one with a positive. We are just sharing numbers.
    Last edited by RamzaBehoulve; 06-19-2015 at 01:13 PM.

It's a known bias that if you're collecting data off people more or less likely to report based on the results, you're going to get skewed numbers.

Let's assume for the moment that people only see this thread if they come onto the forums to complain about low drop rates. If they're happy with the drop rates, they don't come onto the forums or look for drop rate threads. That means that you're only going to be collecting data from people with lower-than-expected results, and you're not going to be collecting the normal data, because it's not being reported.

This scenario biases your data towards the lower-than-expected results, even though the rate is normal across the whole population. Usually statistics-gathering is done by people deciding to report numbers before they open/buy, that way they aren't subjecting themselves to bias.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

It's a known bias that if you're collecting data off people more or less likely to report based on the results, you're going to get skewed numbers.

Let's assume for the moment that people only see this thread if they come onto the forums to complain about low drop rates. If they're happy with the drop rates, they don't come onto the forums or look for drop rate threads. That means that you're only going to be collecting data from people with lower-than-expected results, and you're not going to be collecting the normal data, because it's not being reported.

This scenario biases your data towards the lower-than-expected results, even though the rate is normal across the whole population. Usually statistics-gathering is done by people deciding to report numbers before they open/buy, that way they aren't subjecting themselves to bias.
    I talked about the thread in the general chat of the test server and got some numbers directly in-game. There is no bias here despite what some of you may think, and the original thread was in the general forum. Mods moved it here. As I said already, there is zero incentive or reason why someone would post his result based on a higher or lower number.

And regardless, it's the closest we'll ever get to the real number because I sure as hell do not expect anyone to ever use 2M plat by himself/herself in the real game just to get the basic minimum of 1000 items to even start doing statistics.
    Last edited by RamzaBehoulve; 06-19-2015 at 01:22 PM.

I'm not saying the thread's useless. I would hesitate to come to any solid conclusions based on this, though.

And if you just ask in general chat, do you really think you're going to get a neutral response? A lot of people that remember their primal rate are going to remember because they felt it was high or low. Middling results are often forgotten. People are more likely to report if they think their information stands out. You don't have to do anything to incentivize skewed results, it happens naturally.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!