Solution to get past patcher issues (from Reddit user Soumis)

TRY INSTALLING THE GAME IN SOMETHING ELSE THAN C: IF YOU CAN (D:, E:, whatever)

ONLY USE AS LAST RESORT FOR SATURDAY TOURNAMENT AND TRY THE PATCHER FIRST (Devs might solve it in time).

I did somewhat the same thing and managed to log on the test server. I had all the problems we posted here : *.old files stuck, assembly files stuck and EULA stuck.

Since I'm really bad at writing my own steps, I copy/paste the solution from user Soumis on Reddit. I would just like to add you can get past the *.old files check by simply doing a search in your test server folder and deleting all of them (5-10 files total).

"Okay, so the test client patcher is giving people a lot of trouble. I had problems with the;

hexpatch.exe.old
    Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
    mainData

and so forth...and no matter how many times I move shit to a new folder or install it somewhere else or deleted stuff in the LocalLow, it solved nothing.

So what I did was;

Use the patcher to download the files into a Test_Folder

Wait until it get stuck after checking all files(so you have all the files downloaded)

Copy everything from official Hex client into the Test_Folder. Override everything.

Go to C:\Users\You\AppData\LocalLow\Cryptozoic\HexPatch and find the latest folder(should be around 950MB), then go deeper into it until you get to C:\Users\You\AppData\LocalLow\Cryptozoic\HexPatch\ 950MB Folder\Transfer. Once you're there, copy everything and then paste it into your Test_Folder and override everything.

Use Hex.exe to launch the game and when a window prompt for you to "run," click cancel.

This should be a temporary fix for you to get yourself into the game and play the stress tournament if you cant get the patcher to work smoothly by Saturday. I'm not sure if problems will present itself that otherwise wouldn't occur on the normal test client, so do what you will."

There you go, hopefully that will help some of you play in the tournament.
    Last edited by RamzaBehoulve; 06-20-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Hi i did that yesterday and it was working fine.
    I retried it today but now when i open hex.exe, there isn't anymore a window asking me if i want to execute hexpatch. So i can't cancel it and hexpatch is executing wich close hex.exe.
    Anyone know how to fix it, or at least block hexpatch ?

I already retried to reinstall everything , it's still the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Kensake View Post
    Hi i did that yesterday and it was working fine.
    I retried it today but now when i open hex.exe, there isn't anymore a window asking me if i want to execute hexpatch. So i can't cancel it and hexpatch is executing wich close hex.exe.
    Anyone know how to fix it, or at least block hexpatch ?

I already retried to reinstall everything , it's still the same...
    the serves are down till 17:00 BST or 9:00am PDT they will post when they r back up look at the twitter for updates

Yeah i know that, i'm only trying to run the hex.exe, not to connect on the servers.

your trying to login to the normal game or the test hex.exe

Try installing the game in another drive than C: (D:, E: a USB drive whatever), that worked for me.

Nice, i installed it in a usb drive and it workds thanks