Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armies of Myth Lore Update

Lightbulb Armies of Myth Lore Update

Where did the first necrotic come from?

What was human society like before Hex struck the planet?

Why has the shin’hare Exalted Emperor ruled for over 150 years?

The Armies of Myth lore update will answer these questions and more.

Gigantisaur
    excellent stuff we are becoming so absorbed into entrath I love it the lore is brilliant
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Loving the additional lore. Particularly enjoyed the story of poor Erasmus. Wondering if the proto-Necrotic were able to influence him while the comet was in flight to put those thoughts into his head. Makes me wonder if there's a Necrotic version of a Primal (perhaps Volosolov?).

The Transcended
    I liked the human, necrotic, and shin'hare entries the best. I especially liked the shin'hare one, as it seems to show a ray of hope that the shin'hare might not be evil after all. Maybe they're just under bad management for now. Perhaps the campaign for shin'hare could feature your hero as part of the assassination plot against Emperor Ito.

High Tomb Lord
    I feel Erasmus was delusional. Nowhere did the description of his dreams say it was telling him to awaken the dead so they might do the work they hoped to do before expiring. I think Necrotic had nothing to do with manipulating him. Hex just gave him dreams and he made up what they were intending him to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    I feel Erasmus was delusional. Nowhere did the description of his dreams say it was telling him to awaken the dead so they might do the work they hoped to do before expiring. I think Necrotic had nothing to do with manipulating him. Hex just gave him dreams and he made up what they were intending him to do.
    The text seems to indicate that Hex directly put the dreams in his head, by my reading.

Master Theorycrafter
    It was very specific about putting diamonds in their eyes, I'm thinking either the comet was able to reach into his dreams or there was some other long-term force at play (Chaostouched plan to strike at the Void Society? Maybe the comet had made previous near-misses and there were older fragments calling out to the whole?)

Either way cool stuff!

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Voormas View Post
    It was very specific about putting diamonds in their eyes, I'm thinking either the comet was able to reach into his dreams or there was some other long-term force at play (Chaostouched plan to strike at the Void Society? Maybe the comet had made previous near-misses and there were older fragments calling out to the whole?)

Either way cool stuff!
    Chaostouched is a possibility. I'm thinking it might have either been them or some other intergalactic/cosmic beings that might have been responsible. Hex's collision with Entrath didn't seem to be happenstance. I wouldn't be all that surprised if something is using those Hex meteors and the consciousness that resides within to either prime a planet for invasion or conversion.

I kinda also wondering just how grotesque Emperor Ito is looking now after a century of wild and blood magic rituals being worked on him. Shin'hare don't seem to respond well to those.

I will tell you the truth, Hex and the Necrotic will be the good guys that fight back the Chaostocuhed from other dimension. They are like the Avengers, but a little more undead ... I mean "awakened".

If the chaostouched happen to become the " Arch-antagonist" of every race i'll die of hype.

I liked the mesa story, a coyotle tribe wandering of the back of a huge ambling bluff sounds great.

The Shin'hare story shows a side of monsuun that i really like, considering that even if exalted empreror Ito and his brother Yakuzan would be expelled from the throne, the Moon'ariu shogun should become the new emperor before the one of house wind'hajin, thus somehow dooming his personnal chances at the supreme rank, he seems cautious but very determined to " stop the bulls*t" that has been going on for ages.
    IGN Olfff, member of Team ClockWork

" In mill we trust "