Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Share your drafts with viewers/friends (shareyourdraft.com)

Share your drafts with viewers/friends (shareyourdraft.com)

Hi Hex-Community,

i want to present you a new way to Share your Draft in Hex with friends or viewers without any delay.

shareyourdraft.com

share.jpg

Quick overview on Youtube

This project uses the Hex API to connect the website with your Hex-Client, so you are able to share your Draft with other people.
    You can see all the cards you can choose from on the website and vote for cards.

Current features:
    • Draft Pack of live drafts are displayed without delay
    • People can vote on cards in the Draft Pack
    • All picked cards are shown
    • Auction House Data for Cards in Draft Pack
    • In wheeled packs picked cards are shown
    • All draft gets recorded and can watched later again
    • You can watch the 100k Draft
    • number of cards in your collection are shown
    • see/join a public draft without having a keyword
    • draft statistics (e.g. % a card is picked in first pick)

I wanted to keep the site simple and really easy to use and don't want to make registrations neccesary.
    So all you have to do to share your draft are two steps

1) Configure your Hex client to send data to my site with your own unique API key
    2) Share your draft with a Keyword and your API-Key

Now people can join your draft with your choosen Keyword.

The API key is used so that the site can distingish between different drafters. So you have to "connect" your API key with a keyword. You should keep your API key secret, so people can't use the same key and receive draft data from two different drafts with the same API key. But don't worry, people can never interfere with your real draft and your real Hex client. The Hex API is designed that only data is send out and contains no sensitive data like your login. The data shareyourdraft.com uses, just contains card names and your Keepname. You can read more about the API here: Hex API

Detailed instructions how to use shareyourdraft.com are available on the website under "About"

This project was inspired by UDraftBot. So many thanks to Risterral for his great work there and many thanks to YvelKnievel for being an amazing streamer and doing the first testing.

tech used: C#, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, SignalR
    Last edited by dbug; 03-26-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Added Auction House data. Average price for today and the last week are shown in the Tooltip of the card. The visualization is just temporary until i find a good way to display auction house data without clutter up the site.

I want to watch random players draft and don't want to have to search to find somebody's keyword who is actively drafting. Is there a way to set a draft to public, and make it so the pulic draft's keyword is displayed on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by loopholist3 View Post
    I want to watch random players draft and don't want to have to search to find somebody's keyword who is actively drafting. Is there a way to set a draft to public, and make it so the pulic draft's keyword is displayed on the site?
    atm this is not possible. Currently its designed that a streamer or a fried share a draft and provides the keyword. But i guess, this is a feature i can add later.

Master Theorycrafter
    I'm assuming this is already a known bug, but just in case, it seems artifacts aren't shown properly after picked.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRoger View Post
    I'm assuming this is already a known bug, but just in case, it seems artifacts aren't shown properly after picked.
    This was already fixed. Fixed also some other stuff.

Master Theorycrafter
    One feature that I think could be really useful is the ability to save a draft. I see people asking for draft advice all the time (myself included) and being able to "record" the packs via your site would be a really simple way to post a link and say "hey, what picks would YOU have made in this draft". You could just feed the recorded data back into whatever parser generates the images in the current format, and just let people click a button to see the next pick.
    To be clear, I'm not saying it would let people change what was picked, as that makes no sense. It would simply be to view a history of what was available/picked.
    Member of Cornerstone & The Unnamed Council- Fan of hex.tcgbrowser.com - Has sigs turned off on the forum

Army of Myth changed the API.

The site is now updated and works again.

Quote Originally Posted by EntropyBall View Post
    One feature that I think could be really useful is the ability to save a draft. I see people asking for draft advice all the time (myself included) and being able to "record" the packs via your site would be a really simple way to post a link and say "hey, what picks would YOU have made in this draft". You could just feed the recorded data back into whatever parser generates the images in the current format, and just let people click a button to see the next pick.
    To be clear, I'm not saying it would let people change what was picked, as that makes no sense. It would simply be to view a history of what was available/picked.
    Yeah, that is a good idea. Thanks for the feedback. But this requires some work to fully implement this in a good way.

The next bigger features will probably be a login and draft statistics.

edit: this is now available at hex.tcgbrowser.com http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44328
    Last edited by dbug; 07-26-2015 at 03:49 AM.