Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New application: Draft Analyzer (Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by LNQ View Post
    Ok, I compiled and tested the current version of the Draft Analyzer on Mac, everything seems to be working. I added two files to the repo: Mac icon and setup.py which is required for py2app.

Here is a compiled standalone Mac version of the app. I zipped it to get 10MB off the download, the zip is about 12MB in size. Anyone with a Mac should be able to use this version! Feel free to host it somewhere better if you'd like, not sure how long this dropbox link is functional:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u6j6wpi9g...20App.zip?dl=0
    I tried it, but all i got was the message "Please update your collection by relogging", even after multiple reloggs. Do I need to do anything else besides unzipping and then running it? Like adding the api.ini file?

Peseto, ok, so the application itself is working ok since you got the message. It means that yes, you need to add the api.ini file.

You need to insert the following line to the api.ini:
    Code:
    http://localhost:18888/draft_analyzer|Collection|DraftCardPicked|DraftPack|GameStarted|GameEnded|SaveDeck
    For Mac the best instructions on where to save the api.ini file can be found here:
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

Once this is done, when you start Hex and log in with the Draft Analyzer running, the app should give you shortly a new message saying that the collection was successfully updated.

Peseto, ok, so the application itself is working ok since you got the message. It means that yes, you need to add the api.ini file.

You need to insert the following line to the api.ini:
    Code:
    http://localhost:18888/draft_analyzer|Collection|DraftCardPicked|DraftPack|GameStarted|GameEnded|SaveDeck
    For Mac the best instructions on where to save the api.ini file can be found here:
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

Once this is done, when you start Hex and log in with the Draft Analyzer running, the app should give you shortly a new message saying that the collection was successfully updated.
    Thanks for your help, but I just couldnt get it to work. I created the api.ini (and made sure it is .ini type) file in the correct folder, but it still doesn't update. Just to check where my problem is i tried setting up a hex.tcgbrowser synch, but it's also not working. So i assume there must be a problem with my api.ini file or the directory, but i tripple checked both and can't seem to find an error. (I followed both the instructions from http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/ and also https://github.com/dylannorthrup/hex..._Up_The_API.md).

Master Theorycrafter
    I got an error. When trying to run the draft analyzer. Should I copy/paste the log here or would you rather I give a copy of the log to you somehow?

I'm slightly confused by the whole sync thing.
    Do I need the TCGBrowser line as well or does DA forward the info to TCGB anyway making that line redundant (and potentially slowing)?

Peseto, something wrong with the api.ini setup then. Did you find the folder described in the instructions without problems?

Timlagor, the DA does not forward the data. So if you want both to work, you need both lines.

Peseto, something wrong with the api.ini setup then. Did you find the folder described in the instructions without problems?
    Yeah you were right, the api.ini file was not working. I got it to work now by just copying the file from the recources folder.
    A quick question: I took a quick look at the api log. How come the json files are not always in the same order? (e.g. sometimes 'Message': 'DraftPack' is at the beginning and other times at the end?

Glad you got it to work!

Not sure, I haven't really looked at the data that much, as I just ported the app to Mac. Ariathor / someone who has tinkered with the api more might know better.

Sorry for the delayed answers, just came back from holidays.

@Yoss
    Added a known issues list on the main post. I know I'm not the only one getting this lag caused by the API, but I have only see a few other people complain about it, so if people could share their experience that would be helpful (if I get enough complaints I'll try contacting Chris Woods about it)

@Timlagor
    You're right, I should be keeping an online changelog somewhere. As a bandaid fix, you can check the latest update date on github.

You can let DA do the syncing by clicking on the syncing button (next to switch colors) and entering your full TCG browser syncing URL (that you find by following the instructions here. If you use that method you don't need to touch anything at the api.ini file. You can test that it's working correctly by saving a deck in the client (it should also update on Hex TCG browser)

The reason I do that is because API is sometimes a bit buggy (sending double events and such), so I try to filter the data before forwarding it.

@Peseto
    Glad you got it to work. The messages are stored exactly how the API sends them. They are in dictionary format (example), so their order doesn't matter (the computer just has to ask "What value is associated with 'event' to get the correct answer, e.g. 'SaveDeck', it doesn't need to know the order of these key-value pairs).

@Skirovik

You can send me the logs via PM or dropbox/google drive/etc. If you give me some more information about your error I might be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariathor View Post
    @Yoss
    Added a known issues list on the main post. I know I'm not the only one getting this lag caused by the API, but I have only see a few other people complain about it, so if people could share their experience that would be helpful (if I get enough complaints I'll try contacting Chris Woods about it)
    For my work, the only serious lag I've seen has been during the switch from card picking to deck construction in a Draft. I've not done any Sealed (Gauntlet or Tournaments) so I don't know if there are similar slowdowns with that.

@Timlagor
    You're right, I should be keeping an online changelog somewhere. As a bandaid fix, you can check the latest update date on github.
    You're too nice. I'm the crotchety type that would say "Read the commit log" ;-) But having a README in the repository to point to is typically a good thing. . . . something I need to do as well sometime soon.

The reason I do that is because API is sometimes a bit buggy (sending double events and such), so I try to filter the data before forwarding it.
    I'll need to check out your code to see how you do this. I've been handling it as a stream and trying not to have *too* much state, but I've definitely seen repeats of the same message (especially with CardUpdates in the "in play" zone or "Champion" zone).

And, while I'm not a user of your program, I am thankful there are others out there banging on the API as well. Having a diverse culture of apps out there using the API is a very good thing.