Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New HEX Client - Should I Uninstall Everything First?

New HEX Client - Should I Uninstall Everything First?

There is a completely new client coming with the launch of Armies of Myth that we need to download first, correct?

I am always stressed when a new client is imminent, because you need to do everything just right, or there might be some issues with getting the game to run. I really want to be able to play the game immediately after launch this time. So, a few questions for the more tech savvy (or better yet, to the official HEX employees):

1) Is the new client already available for download somewhere, or should we wait for an announcement for when we can start downloading it? I would want to download the client itself well beforehand. I believe there have been announcements previously, where they have said exactly when we should download the client. Do I remember correctly? I mean, AoM should launch tomorrow, so there could be something already.

2) Should I make a completely clean install, meaning I should uninstall the old client first? Should I even delete every trace of the old client by deleting the folders as well? I also have the test client. Can that interfere with anything? Should I uninstall that as well? Is there anything that I should definitely leave in place from this current client?

These might be really stupid questions for many, but I have had several issues with the clients before, and I have read about people having all sorts of problems where they needed to copy some old files to the HEX directory or something, so I don't want to delete too much data. Is it safe to totally remove any trace of HEX from my computer before even downloading the new client? This would appear to be the cleanest and safest route to take, but I am not too good with computers.

Finally... Chest Opening HYPE!!!

Rock League Champion
    dont think so, the client will be patched as usual ... at least as far as i know, but i might be wrong
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

Wut? I was certain that we would need a new client altogether, because of so many huge changes and additions. I could be wrong though. It would be sweet if we didn't need to do anything .

Rock League Champion
    Launch Date

Yes, you heard that right! The launch date for Armies of Myth is July 14th! We’ll have more details later on the patch notes and schedule for when the servers go down for the patch.
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

where did this rumour come from?
    i havent read or heard anything at all about a new client
    But if it is true, safest option is always to wait until wednesday to most big issues have been resolved already. First day after big launch is always filled with overloading servers and bugs.

Gigantisaur
    The rumour might come from the fact that the test server download was a fresh install rather than a patched test client.
    However, the same may not hold true for the live client. All will become clear well before patching I'm sure, so hold on out for details.

Okay, I'll just wait patiently then. Thanks for the replies. I go a little crazy before a huge patch, because I want to have everything ready .

I would imagine its going to be a new client, mainly because Chris Woods said that they rewrote tons of stuff

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by havocattack View Post
    I would imagine its going to be a new client, mainly because Chris Woods said that they rewrote tons of stuff
    Good to know, thanks Havoc.
    Looking forward to those juicy patch notes!

I am 99% sure that they would have already mentioned needing a new client by now. I am going out on a limb and saying that the normal patcher will update to the new version of the client as normal.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png