Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    A Weakness can't share a cardtype with another card.
    So draw? or no draw?

Quote Originally Posted by destroth View Post
    So draw? or no draw?
    Star Sapphire Power Ring will draw the Weakness and the other card.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Yes, they are free.
    My wife feels that Daughter of Trigon should not impact Villains in the line-up. She noted that the rules in the Titans set define 'defeat' as taking from the top of the Super-Villain stack. While the line-up is 'gaining' a card. Is my wife being an adorable rules lawyer, or does she have a point?

Quote Originally Posted by daCraigO View Post
    My wife feels that Daughter of Trigon should not impact Villains in the line-up. She noted that the rules in the Titans set define 'defeat' as taking from the top of the Super-Villain stack. While the line-up is 'gaining' a card. Is my wife being an adorable rules lawyer, or does she have a point?
    Defeat is just a more flavorful word for "buy/gain." The rulebooks had defined it as being Super-Villain stack related, but it isn't anymore.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Interaction between Solomon Grundy (Base Set) and Collapsible Staff (Arrow Crossover). If I use Collapsible Staff to gain Solomon Grundy, then put him under my Super Hero, he's not allowed to be put on top of my deck correct?

Since he is no longer in a visible zone? What is the reasoning here?

Quote Originally Posted by unLimitedEnds View Post
    Interaction between Solomon Grundy (Base Set) and Collapsible Staff (Arrow Crossover). If I use Collapsible Staff to gain Solomon Grundy, then put him under my Super Hero, he's not allowed to be put on top of my deck correct?

Since he is no longer in a visible zone? What is the reasoning here?
    Correct. If you put it under, you can't then put in on top.
    Once something changes zones, it loses any effects that were on it (like moving to top of deck), unless it specifically mentions a new zone that it would work in (Garfield Logan).
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

(This is not necessarily a clarification question, I just want your opinion on something).

My brother has two rivals packs and has mixed all cards that don't mention block or confrontation into the main deck, as well as adding the 9 and 12 cost batman and joker large size superheroes to his deck of large size superheroes.

The 9 cost batman and joker allow one to draw an extra card for one or more equipments bought during your turn. Consequently, he is houseruling the 9 cost batman and joker into allowing for an extra card for every equipment (within the context of a nonrivals game).

I argued that this shouldn't be done, that a card from a separate game mode shouldn't be added like that especially if you have to change game text to do so.

Anyway, I would be delighted to hear what you guys think of this.

I have a question about how Promise to a Friend and Collapsible Staff work in Crisis mode. With the understanding that villains in the Line-Up are destroyed when they are bought or gained I am just looking at how these two work in this scenario. With Collapsible Staff those villains would go to the destroyed pile instead of under your oversized character card, correct? For Promise to a friend, does the Crisis rules for buying or gaining villains over-rule this card or does Promise to a Friend allow you to put those villains into your discard pile?

If there are any other Arrow Crossover cards with similarly interesting situations for Crisis please let me know. From what I remember most of the other cards deal with "putting" cards in places or gaining from the top of the Main Deck instead of the Line-Up which avoids this issue.

Also, does Promise to a Friend keep Roy Harper's ability from destroying cards from under the Super Hero while keeping the +2 power?
    Last edited by BenJazz; 08-12-2015 at 08:10 PM.

OK so I was playing the new Teen Titans set with my dad and he had Lady Vic in play (ongoing:you may discard this card from play, if you do +2 power) and he played colony suit (+1 power, you may discard an ongoing card you control, if you do, an additional +2 power), and my dad said that he could discard lady Vic with the suit to get +4 power, 2 for Lady Vic's discard and 2 for the suit's power. I thought that since both required the discarding of lady Vic, he could only get the power once, but he argued that the way it was worded (primarily) led him to believe he could. The rules did not have a clarification, so we just had a third party break the tie for the remainder of the game, but for future reference, which way is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrojacast View Post
    OK so I was playing the new Teen Titans set with my dad and he had Lady Vic in play (ongoing:you may discard this card from play, if you do +2 power) and he played colony suit (+1 power, you may discard an ongoing card you control, if you do, an additional +2 power), and my dad said that he could discard lady Vic with the suit to get +4 power, 2 for Lady Vic's discard and 2 for the suit's power. I thought that since both required the discarding of lady Vic, he could only get the power once, but he argued that the way it was worded (primarily) led him to believe he could. The rules did not have a clarification, so we just had a third party break the tie for the remainder of the game, but for future reference, which way is correct?
    From Matt:

Each card requires its own discard for every effect. The discards are costs. They don't do double duty.