Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Discard all the cards under The Colony.
    They would be discarded to the destroyed pile and not the player's discard pile, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by kemony View Post
    Here's a question:

Can a card ever be worth negative power?

The example that we experienced was a player revealed a Weakness card with the effect of Tamaran. Would this provide -1 power or would it function in the way that revealing a starter does?
    A card can have negative Power, however, this situation doesn't work with Tamaran. If a card is looking at a value on another card, and that value is negative, it is treated as zero. This works for all card like that. So, Tamaran would be zero Power if it discards a Weakness, not -1.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Quote Originally Posted by dcgirl75 View Post
    Hello I have a few questions for Cadmus Labs it states that choose a hero with cost 3 or less I control. Put it into your hand. So lets say I play Miss Martian (iIf this is first card I play this turn set your hand aside and draw 5 cards)so I play first her put aside my hand and draw five more. Can I pick her up and do it do it again assuming I haven't played another card? Or is it just 1 point the second time I play it? I wasn't sure if it was a redo card or play it again.

Whether or not you have a card in play, you still already played a card. So, playing Miss Martian after using Cadmus Labs will only net you +1 Power.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgirl75 View Post
    Also if I play J'onn J'onzz with Slade Wilson as the Super Villain he is then an ongoing card correct?
    He counts as playing an Ongoing card, but goes back to the Super-Villain stack before you can play any other cards.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi

Quote Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
    They would be discarded to the destroyed pile and not the player's discard pile, correct?
    Incorrect. Whenever you "discard" a card, it goes to your discard pile. Never destroyed pile.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi

Quote Originally Posted by aoineko View Post
    Incorrect. Whenever you "discard" a card, it goes to your discard pile. Never destroyed pile.
    Hmm...I don't have the Colony in front of me, so I couldn't check the game text. Isn't that the card where, when you destroy a card, it goes under the Colony instead and you can use that as "discards" instead of ongoings? Why would you get those cards back if they're destroyed?

Completely possible I am misremembering the mechanics of the card, though. Only got to play the set a couple of times so far, and my copy hasn't been delivered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
    Hmm...I don't have the Colony in front of me, so I couldn't check the game text. Isn't that the card where, when you destroy a card, it goes under the Colony instead and you can use that as "discards" instead of ongoings? Why would you get those cards back if they're destroyed?

Completely possible I am misremembering the mechanics of the card, though. Only got to play the set a couple of times so far, and my copy hasn't been delivered yet.
    They were destroyed, and are currently under the Lab. If you use the discard ability of the Lab, you are un-destroying the card. So you discard it to your own discard pile.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Matt, few questions.

1) Arrow: Crossover Character cards can place cards underneath them, if the game ends with cards underneath, do they count towards VP?

2) Arrow: Crossover Character cards utilize cards underneath them, I assume they cannot interact with negative effects such as Atrocitus FAA? Please confirm.

3) Can Kid Flash (Character) use his effect twice if, example Blackfire grabs 2 Super Powers from the Line-Up? Or is it only considered one instance of gaining rather than 2 instances? (If a single card effect causes him to gain multiple cards, can he trigger each one for his effect?)

4) Does Harley Quinn (Character) benefit from discarding Ongoing's in Teen Titans?

5) Does Jaime Reyes count as being played the following turn for effects like Animal Man (Character)?

6) If I destroy cards and place them under The Colony, when the game ends do they count for VPs?

7) If there are cards underneath The Colony and it is discarded or destroyed by a card effect, where do the cards under go?

8) In regards to Shapeshift and Kyle Rayner, would it auto win the game?

9) Is there anyone I can contact about Cryptozoic HelpDesk not responding to me?

If swamp thing character destroy a card while colony is in the line up or other player's control , what happen then? If player I take it that it will go to them, but if line up ? And someone bought it from the line up?

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post
    Matt, few questions.

1) Arrow: Crossover Character cards can place cards underneath them, if the game ends with cards underneath, do they count towards VP?

2) Arrow: Crossover Character cards utilize cards underneath them, I assume they cannot interact with negative effects such as Atrocitus FAA? Please confirm.

3) Can Kid Flash (Character) use his effect twice if, example Blackfire grabs 2 Super Powers from the Line-Up? Or is it only considered one instance of gaining rather than 2 instances? (If a single card effect causes him to gain multiple cards, can he trigger each one for his effect?)

4) Does Harley Quinn (Character) benefit from discarding Ongoing's in Teen Titans?

5) Does Jaime Reyes count as being played the following turn for effects like Animal Man (Character)?

6) If I destroy cards and place them under The Colony, when the game ends do they count for VPs?

7) If there are cards underneath The Colony and it is discarded or destroyed by a card effect, where do the cards under go?

8) In regards to Shapeshift and Kyle Rayner, would it auto win the game?

9) Is there anyone I can contact about Cryptozoic HelpDesk not responding to me?
    1. No
    2. Correct. Keep them separate.
    3. Each card gained triggers the "Whenever."
    4. Yes
    5. Yes, as it says to play it.
    6. No
    7. They are discarded to your discard pile. (This appears on page 12 of the rulebook.)
    8. No, you still have to play three physical cards with different names (errata version of KR). Three Shapeshifts all have the same names.
    9. I'll let them know.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by destroth View Post
    If swamp thing character destroy a card while colony is in the line up or other player's control , what happen then? If player I take it that it will go to them, but if line up ? And someone bought it from the line up?
    If another player controls The Colony: The destroyed card stays under it.
    If The Colony is in the Line-Up: The card remains under The Colony. When it is bought, the buyer also gains the card under it.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D