Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, part III

If I have a Detonator in ongoing, and I play Silent Armor. If i discard Detonator for Silent Armor's gain effect, do I still get to destroy a card out of my discard pile? This also pertains to other cards that require an ongoing discard for extra effects.

For Teen Titan my friends and I are confused on some rules.

We know:

Cards played cannot be discarded until end of turn.

Questions:

Can an ongoing location be played from hand, resolved, then discarded to gain a card from the main deck?

Can a location card that's been put in play from a previous turn be resolved then discarded to gain card from a main deck?

Are these rules the same for non-location cards since resolving a location isn't playing the card?

Quote Originally Posted by JesseSqll View Post
    If I have a Detonator in ongoing, and I play Silent Armor. If i discard Detonator for Silent Armor's gain effect, do I still get to destroy a card out of my discard pile? This also pertains to other cards that require an ongoing discard for extra effects.
    No. Discarding the Detonator is a cost to activate that game text. If you discard it for some other reason, the Detonator text does not happen.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Zero989 View Post
    For Teen Titan my friends and I are confused on some rules.

We know:

Cards played cannot be discarded until end of turn.

Questions:

Can an ongoing location be played from hand, resolved, then discarded to gain a card from the main deck?

Can a location card that's been put in play from a previous turn be resolved then discarded to gain card from a main deck?

Are these rules the same for non-location cards since resolving a location isn't playing the card?
    You may play a Location, use its text, and then discard it to activate Silent Armor's game text.
    A Location that is already in play from a previous turn still has its Ongoing keyword, so it may also be discarded to activate Silent Armor's text.
    Same rules for non-Location Ongoings. You "control" all cards in front of you, whether they are Ongoing or cards you have played during your turn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Can Superboy Prime be used to gain Super Heroes from other sets? If so, do you need a physical copy of that character?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
    Can Superboy Prime be used to gain Super Heroes from other sets? If so, do you need a physical copy of that character?
    These are both really up to your playgroup. Everyone should agree what Super Heroes should be available for Superboy Prime's effect before you start playing. If people want to keep to just unplayed Teen Titans, go with that. If everyone agrees that it should be a free-for-all from every game, that works too! Or any combination in-between. Whatever you guys have fun with!

Though per Richard Brady, lead designer on the set, "part of the fun was that you could be playing as Wonder Girl and then suddenly you're Wonder Woman, so set wise it's not supposed to have limits other than you should own the card". Do with that what you will!
    Last edited by Skinner; 07-18-2015 at 01:01 AM.
    Ryan Skinner

I'm confused about Slade Wilsons effect. Do I get to draw an additional five cards? How does he work for me?

Slade only lets you draw UP TO your full 5 cards at the beginning of your turn. So if you were forced to discard cards since you last drew your hand, you now can draw to get a full hand.

Hey so can I get more information about how the colony works? I don't quite understand it from the game text of the card. In addition, can I get more information for what it does with respect to the player with the colony using bane? And with respect to other players attacking the colony player with an attack like black lantern green arrow, where the attack reads that the opponent destroys the top card of their deck?

There is also section in the back of the rulebook on the Colony.

Some cards ask for you to discard an Ongoing card you control. Instead of discarding an actual Ongoing card, you can instead discard one of the cards under The Colony.

Bane only causes discards from hand.

The Colony has no interaction with an Attack like Black Lantern Green Arrow.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D