Thread: [Not a Bug] Broodlord Egg overrides "drawn" trigger

[Not a Bug] Broodlord Egg overrides "drawn" trigger

Today I was playing against Xarlox and hit a Broodlord Egg. The egg triggered, creating a Terrorantula and drawing another card. The drawn card was Construct Guild Underboss (with Prefabrication Boots). The Underbosses when drawn effect may have gone to the stack (it was really fast so I may have missed it), but nothing happened then the Terroantula ETB effect occurred. No construction plans were in play at the time.

This may be related to: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42461

Don't they read "put the top card of your deck into your hand", so it's not the act of drawing?

This is not a bug. You do not draw the card underneath the egg, it is put into your hand. They are mechanically different actions.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Thanks for clarifying ossuary. The trigger (and his ability) doesn't let you look at the Egg card so I was assuming the wrong terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBokononist View Post
    Thanks for clarifying ossuary. The trigger (and his ability) doesn't let you look at the Egg card so I was assuming the wrong terminology.
    For future reference, if you zoom in on a spiderling on the board or in the graveyard, the original version of the card (the egg) will show as a small picture in the upper left corner of the zoomed in view. If you right click on this image, you'll zoom in on it, and you can see exactly what the card does.

This works on any card that has been transformed into something else, so you'll know what the "base" version of the card is.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well