Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: You can no longer retain priority by holding the Ctrl button

This change is terrible and I'm very angry about it.

Please stop taking away opportunities for interacting and making clever plays.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

High Tomb Lord
    This means we can no longer hold control to activate Soul Marble multiple times? If so then this is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    This change is terrible and I'm very angry about it.

Please stop taking away opportunities for interacting and making clever plays.
    +1

Am I the only one that finds it weird that this comes out of the blue, with no developer comments attached?

Quote Originally Posted by essif View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it weird that this comes out of the blue, with no developer comments attached?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrender View Post
    I sure hope an explanation is coming on why they felt this change was needed.

This was a completely unnecessary change that removes options and limits card interactivity. Please explain why this was done.

This change serves no purpose other than dumbing down game play as far as I can understand

Hopefully the thread doesn't get ignored since it's moved off of General Discussion though.
    Last edited by Thrawn; 07-21-2015 at 07:50 AM.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

Quote Originally Posted by Kardh View Post
    It does take away a bit of power from some cards, and puts them in another weird state instead. Consider this:

If you have Sight of the Sun out and cast Extinction for example, you could previously hold ctrl and use Sight's power. Now that would not be the case.
    I don't understand this. Why can't you cast Extinction and then use Sight of the Sun before it resolves without this feature? I've never tried this, so I don't understand what the issue is, but I thought you could respond with any effects like Sight of the Sun before any given card resolves.

If you play a card and your opponent clicks resolve, it resolves. If you held control however, it was still "your turn" until you clicked resolve yourself (thus now allowing your oppoent to respond or resolve). This is no longer possible, so you cant answer your own cards any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassine View Post
    If you play a card and your opponent clicks resolve, it resolves. If you held control however, it was still "your turn" until you clicked resolve yourself (thus now allowing your oppoent to respond or resolve). This is no longer possible, so you cant answer your own cards any more.
    Hmmm, I guess I'm still new enough that I didn't realize it worked like that. That does indeed seem like a step back in game play and a dumbing down of the skill portion of the game a bit.