Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: You can no longer retain priority by holding the Ctrl button

Hybrid View

You can no longer retain priority by holding the Ctrl button

Reading the new patch notes I came upon this:
    "You can no longer retain priority by holding the Ctrl button"
    That's a pretty big change. Why is this feature being removed?
    Or am I just missing something here?

Still there is no way in-game to know what Kismet's Reverie actually does? (What Luck and Unlucky sacks do when activated)

Ps: Also, I seem to remember Phenteo saying yesterday that we should delete everything Hex from our computer before installing the new client. Since I haven't seen anything like it in the patch notes, is that still the case or should we just update the client?
    Last edited by Khendral; 07-21-2015 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendral View Post
    Still there is no way in-game to know what Kismet's Reverie actually does? (What Luck and Unlucky sacks do when activated)
    In the 50th episode of the 2 Turns Ahead podcast, Cory Jones said (paraphrasing) that they knew the interaction and UI of Kismet's Reverie was shit but it wasn't worth the time to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofPeace View Post
    In the 50th episode of the 2 Turns Ahead podcast, Cory Jones said (paraphrasing) that they knew the interaction and UI of Kismet's Reverie was shit but it wasn't worth the time to fix it.
    Not even a tooltip when hovering over "Lucky" and "Unlucky"? =(
    Last edited by Khendral; 07-21-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofPeace View Post
    One day it'll be fixed when they introduce another card like it

Devoted Emissary
    I was wondering the same thing. I didn't use it very often, but there were definitely times where I needed it. And it was very useful if you wanted to build something big like a Soul Marble or Ingenuity Engine, you opponent had no resources open, and you didn't want to wait for the opponent to pass priority for each added counter.
    Last edited by 05K4R; 07-21-2015 at 03:58 AM.

I would suppose it's removed because it's a weird (and probably not as widely know as it should be) user interface.

It does take away a bit of power from some cards, and puts them in another weird state instead. Consider this:

If you have Sight of the Sun out and cast Extinction for example, you could previously hold ctrl and use Sight's power. Now that would not be the case.

However, if the opponent responds to the Extinction in any way, you will get prio and can use Sight's power.

So there'll be situation where the opponent should not do things because it would let me do things, which is a even weirder mechanic than the previous imo.

Although, it's similar to how coming out of tunnelling already works so I guess it does go some way to making it consistent (although, I'd rather be able to be able to react to both of those cases in a controllable manner).
    Kardh of Caerbannog

Quote Originally Posted by Kardh View Post
    It does take away a bit of power from some cards, and puts them in another weird state instead. Consider this:

If you have Sight of the Sun out and cast Extinction for example, you could previously hold ctrl and use Sight's power. Now that would not be the case.
    I don't understand this. Why can't you cast Extinction and then use Sight of the Sun before it resolves without this feature? I've never tried this, so I don't understand what the issue is, but I thought you could respond with any effects like Sight of the Sun before any given card resolves.

Devoted Emissary
    I wonder if it still works to get priority for phases that you don't have ticked in the settings. I sometimes used it when I needed to play things at the start of my opponents turn before card draw, however it was a very uncommon occurrence, hence I didn't want to tick that phase in the settings.

Rock League Champion
    i dont know why, but i am happy that this was removed lol
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-