Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Pending] Double brutal commander hits locks turn

This problem persists and is easily reproducible when using Bracers of Brutality.

Multiple Brutal Commanders without Bracers - Fine
    Single Brutal Commander with Bracers - Fine
    Multiple Brutal Commanders with Bracers who will prompt draw - Freeze after making first selection (returns to game screen, card is not put into play)

(In the short term either don't use Bracers or make sure only one Commander does hero damage.)

Still an issue: just had the game freeze up on me after 'Accepting' the card for my second brutal commander's ability. (Commander's bracers are equipped.)

Quote Originally Posted by Killer.Mutant View Post
    Single Brutal Commander with Bracers - Fine
    I had multiple bugs with only one brutal commander. I've done 6 damages to the opposing hero, and i had to choose only between 1 and 2 orc costs. So the cards proposed can be wrong any time.

If you have multiple Brutal Commanders deal damage to an opposing champion and you are at the point where you have to choose an orc from your deck, you can press Escape (repeatedly, if necessary) to see which of your Brutal Commanders is accessing your deck - he will have a glowing blue outline.

Also, if you choose the wrong Orc and it locks up, you can exit out of Hex and restart it. You'll get an option to rejoin your current match and you'll return to the Orc selection screen. Remember not to choose the same high-cost orc that caused Hex to lock up in the first place (as I have done one too many inebriated times...)

I have not yet encountered the bug with just one Brutal Commander dealing damage.

I played some this morning after today's patch and had no problems with Brutal Commander + Bracers. But small sample size (about half an arena run before I had to leave for work). Previously I had problems 100% of the time when using Bracers (also not a huge sample size - stopped using them after a few stuck games).

So this may be fixed? If so, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Gattou View Post
    I had multiple bugs with only one brutal commander. I've done 6 damages to the opposing hero, and i had to choose only between 1 and 2 orc costs. So the cards proposed can be wrong any time.
    I've never noticed this but I have nothing more expensive then more Brutal Commanders in my deck to I wouldn't be able to tell if it's not allowing me to pull a 4 or 5 cost troops.

One thing that threw me for a loop the first couple times - If you're using Crushing Blow and there's a blocker you may not be doing as much damage as you think since the blocker absorbs some. Could that be the case? Or maybe the bug is the buff from Crushing Blow (etc) not being applied to available Orc cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Gattou View Post
    Yep, I just noticed this happen. It was against Eldrich Dreamer. Brutal Enforcer did 3 damage but I could only pick a 1 or 2 cost Orc. So maybe the universal -1 for non-flying is a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by catacasa View Post
    Also, if you choose the wrong Orc and it locks up, you can exit out of Hex and restart it. You'll get an option to rejoin your current match and you'll return to the Orc selection screen. Remember not to choose the same high-cost orc that caused Hex to lock up in the first place (as I have done one too many inebriated times...)
    Sigh. Had it get stuck again. Had to restart the client three times (selecting a different troop each time) but was able to continue with the game after the third try.

Thanks! Would have aborted the run otherwise.

Ok, I think I've finally figured out what's going on here.

If you have two (or more) Brutal Commanders in play.
    Resolving the "draw a troop" mechanic resolves from right to left.
    Usually the BC with lower attack will be on the right (played most recently).
    So the lower attack will resolve first.
    However, when the card selection UI pops up, it shows any card either BC could pick.
    If you pick a troop that is invalid for that BC then when you return to the main game screen it freezes.
    This can be resolved by restarting the client and picking a troop that is valid for that BC.

So to avoid this completely, always be aware of which BC is picking and only pick troops it is actually allowed to draw even though you will be presented with more valuable troops.

The reason that this appeared fixed or not an issue at times is Urgnock Buff+Rage = 3 attack every time which allows any troop in my deck to be drawn. So the problem only happens when I don't have Urgnock's Buff available or vs Eldrich Dreamer.

Master Theorycrafter
    This issue still occurs.

Can confirm previous post that lower ATK card goes first.

Additionally, if you make a mistake you can work around: shut down client via your OS and then restart client. Game will treat it as a disconnect allowing you to rejoin the game and make the selection again. Pick a cheaper troop and your game should continue without issue.