Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armies of Myth Mac launch

Master Theorycrafter

Armies of Myth Mac launch

I was hoping the state of Mac client launches were improving and it seemed like they were.
    This is all out the window now with Windows users basically getting a full day jump ahead on a new set launch.

Please stop launching broken Mac clients and penalizing users based on their platform.

Both of you are out of line.

ryuukan - there's an unexpected bug with the Mac patcher. Stuff happens. They're fixing it as quickly as they can. They're not "penalizing" anyone.

Assassine - no need for attacks based on what hardware people decide to use. You don't get priority because your primary platform is a PC. And stop spouting rubbish - my mac can easily handle any game I want to play on it.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Master Theorycrafter
    Losing an entire day of play before VIP and the release celebration is a pretty huge penalty on a new format due to lack of quality control for the Mac client

Ah I wondered what was happening on my mac. Just cycling the same xml over and over.

High Tomb Lord
    Hey man, at least we have Mac support, MTGO doesn't even have that.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Both of you are out of line.

ryuukan - there's an unexpected bug with the Mac patcher. Stuff happens. They're fixing it as quickly as they can. They're not "penalizing" anyone.

Assassine - no need for attacks based on what hardware people decide to use. You don't get priority because your primary platform is a PC. And stop spouting rubbish - my mac can easily handle any game I want to play on it.
    That wasnt what i was meaning to say either. I did not want to attack him, just wanted to say that its weird to complain about his own choice of system.
    I merely stated the fact that video games have problems on macs much more often than they do on windows, and if youre an avid gamer, maybe you should consider running both if that troubles you.

No offense was meant, sorry if it came across like that.

The mac client is actually working just fine. It's the CDN that is at fault this time.
    Windows is far more forgiving on security, and Mac has locked things down far stricter as of late.
    We did everything possible on our side of things to ensure the Mac and Windows clients match up in support.
    Mac has actually gotten more attention in this last patch cycle that Windows, to be honest.
    Our hope is that the Mac issues will be cleared up by tomorrow.
    --
    Hex - Data Hoarder & Mac/Windows builds

Need help?
    Fastest way to resolution: http://support.hextcg.com/

I don't know if this has been mentioned or realized yet, but the files that keep looping I think are for the foreign language files. it-Italian, es-Spanish, FR-French, DE-Dutch, though not sure what pl and tr are. Just a guess though.

It's not the inability to play on mac that's bothering me. It's that I managed to get on for an hour near when the servers opened then signed off to eat some food and when I came back I couldn't long on . It's almost like they caused the problem after it was working.

My Mac install is now progressing - so I assume the CDN issues have sorted themselves out.

Do the Mac patcher improvements mean that the permission issues (requiring chmod to fix) are a thing of the past? If so, that is wonderful as I suspect it used to scare off new users before they had a chance to become addicted.