Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jakecav18 View Post
    I played one game with this set and it was interesting. I was messing around with the idea of using the under super hero aspect as both a utility to grab cards that I needed when I needed them as well as kind of a second destroy pile that was easier to dump starters into. I'm gonna have to play around with this more, but I don't dislike the set.

One really useful tool I found was an early game purchase of that new card that allows you to put itself as well as the rest of your hand under your super if played first. Good way to "destroy" four starters in one pop.
    My dream scenario right now is to use the Arrow Super Heroes, main deck cards, and Super Villains to combine with the Street Fighter DBG. The mechanics seem like they would flow together very well, permitting you're allowing yourself to bend the rules a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    My dream scenario right now is to use the Arrow Super Heroes, main deck cards, and Super Villains to combine with the Street Fighter DBG. The mechanics seem like they would flow together very well, permitting you're allowing yourself to bend the rules a little bit.
    This was one of the first things I thought of when I saw the theme for the Arrow Crossover set. However, if you look at the stickied thread about card clarifications, there is mention of the cards that are sent under your super hero from the Atrocitous super villain. The ruling is that those cards are separated from the cards that are put under your super hero from anything in the Arrow set. This makes me think that cards like the USA location in Street Fighter would also be separated to prevent a constant stream of free cost cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jakecav18 View Post
    This was one of the first things I thought of when I saw the theme for the Arrow Crossover set. However, if you look at the stickied thread about card clarifications, there is mention of the cards that are sent under your super hero from the Atrocitous super villain. The ruling is that those cards are separated from the cards that are put under your super hero from anything in the Arrow set. This makes me think that cards like the USA location in Street Fighter would also be separated to prevent a constant stream of free cost cards.
    Hence why I said "bend the rules." It's not something I would do on the constant, but it still bothers me because Street Fighter has SO many cards that are synergistic to the Super Heroes in Arrow, i.e. Red Cyclone, Sodom, Electric Thunder, etc.

I also wouldn't exactly allow players to buy cards underneath their Super Hero like they can in Street Fighter. I'm not exactly willing to go that far, lol. I just think Street Fighter is a natural fit due to the overall increase to the inherent mechanic of Arrow. Plus it just has really busted cards that I miss playing like Psycho Crusher, Seth, and Tandem Engine.
    Last edited by LRoq617; 07-24-2015 at 11:43 AM.

I understand you're not implying to buy an insane amount of Kicks, but how can you compare a few good early game turns of Superman to any Character who can consistently snatch up a Super-Villain/Hero and more in mid-late turns? It's true that you can have a turn with up to 8 Power as Superman if turn 1 and 2 were spent buying Kicks, but let's be honest, what did you just let your opponent get from the Line-Up?

You mentioned a draw card (Kid Flash) and The Riddler. First things first, never pass up on The Riddler unless you're looking to get swiftly roundhouse kicked straight out of the game. I've LITERALLY bought the entire main deck with The Riddler by using a Parallax + Clayface turn. So let's never call The Riddler a card to sleep on, ever.

But if you're claiming that you can have up to 8 Power with Superman, what does your opponent have? You're just naming numbers and Superman without comparing him to your opponent's Character(s) at all. A Wonder Woman who bought a Poison Ivy turn 1 or 2 is better than a Superman netting a Kick turn 1-2, all day errrday. Now are you gonna let a Wonder Woman snatch up Ivy who can essentially ruin your early game completely by grabbing a Kick or are you going to cut her and not go towards your own Character by letting the beautiful (not always) 5 card Line-Up be an all-you-can-eat buffet for your opponent?

My point on this issue is that yes Kicks with Superman are good, but if you don't see other Super Powers, he is a +1 Character. Now you have decent early game power turns, but by doing so, you pass up on 1-2 turns of Line-Up cards. Just saying, there's a reason Line-Up cards don't have a stack, they are generally worth WAY more than a Kick ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post
    I understand you're not implying to buy an insane amount of Kicks, but how can you compare a few good early game turns of Superman to any Character who can consistently snatch up a Super-Villain/Hero and more in mid-late turns? It's true that you can have a turn with up to 8 Power as Superman if turn 1 and 2 were spent buying Kicks, but let's be honest, what did you just let your opponent get from the Line-Up?

You mentioned a draw card (Kid Flash) and The Riddler. First things first, never pass up on The Riddler unless you're looking to get swiftly roundhouse kicked straight out of the game. I've LITERALLY bought the entire main deck with The Riddler by using a Parallax + Clayface turn. So let's never call The Riddler a card to sleep on, ever.

But if you're claiming that you can have up to 8 Power with Superman, what does your opponent have? You're just naming numbers and Superman without comparing him to your opponent's Character(s) at all. A Wonder Woman who bought a Poison Ivy turn 1 or 2 is better than a Superman netting a Kick turn 1-2, all day errrday. Now are you gonna let a Wonder Woman snatch up Ivy who can essentially ruin your early game completely by grabbing a Kick or are you going to cut her and not go towards your own Character by letting the beautiful (not always) 5 card Line-Up be an all-you-can-eat buffet for your opponent?

My point on this issue is that yes Kicks with Superman are good, but if you don't see other Super Powers, he is a +1 Character. Now you have decent early game power turns, but by doing so, you pass up on 1-2 turns of Line-Up cards. Just saying, there's a reason Line-Up cards don't have a stack, they are generally worth WAY more than a Kick ever will be.
    I flatly disagree with most of your logic and feel you are looking past some of mine, agree to disagree, I'm sorry.

That being said, I would love to play with you if an online digital version of this game ever came out. One of the traits of a lesser known hard copy card game like this one is drastically different metas in different areas of the country. Our metas sound very different than each others' and I'd be very interested to actually compare the two someday
    Last edited by jakecav18; 07-24-2015 at 12:15 PM.

I'd happily test my meta against yours. I would gladly put my money where my mouth is to show my confidence in my logic. Where you at regionally? South Florida myself. (Not issuing this as like a huge challenge or bet, just curious and claiming my stake )

I'll tell you this much, a lot of people think highly of certain Characters when looking to play against myself or some of my friends, but they quickly lose their mindset once a display of synergy is shown between Characters, cards, or sets.

Ladies, calm down. You're both pretty.

I actually do have a legit question, since I haven't played 2-character variant before: Does Constantine pair well with anyone other than Shazam? I see he's ranked fairly high, but I can't think of anyone else that he would pair well with.

EDIT: I guess you can add Aquaman to that list as well, now that I think about it.

Admittedly, most of the difference is likely from our game preferences. My usual games are 1v1 single hero in which we do not traditionally combine different large sets. This is a big reason why we really really liked Street Fighter. We've grown to understand our meta so much that the winner is usually decided by luck of the draw. Or whoever gets the Man of Steel type blowout card.

I'm in northern Ohio, no such luck

Also, to be entirely clear, Superman is not my Hero of choice, nor is he my favorite in the classic set. I usually just draw a random one, but some of my favorites for single play are Aquaman, Constantine, Starfire (Heroes), Bizarro, and Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post

Which is why I mentioned that it depends on the starting line up, what if your against batman and there is hero, villian and no equipment ? Or even there is , just lasso of truth? Same goes to Wonder Woman, what if there is just cheetah on the board Or Harley Quinn, clayface, penguin, riddler, even poison ivy may not be that good at the start 3-turns, but I do agree poison ivy is a nuisance !

In fact if there the line up was good , I as superman would probably buy it as well. What we are trying to argue is that if nothing else is available , we still have kick. I am sure we all have bought some kicks with Wonder Woman and batman.

Cyborg is definitely better that superman if kicks are the concern.

Aside that, you got to see pass the fact there are more playing style than just 1v1 ... The combos you mentioned is difficult to pull in a multiplayer game... The chances of you getting parallax, clayface and riddler ? In a 5 player game, that's like close to impossible!
    Also in a single character game there is just more limitation to the things you can do... The amount of power you build up is less and lesser draw... Lesser power in general, doesn't give u the privilege to buy anything u want every turn. Missing +1 or extra draw due to having a second character, can result in not defeating the super villians and can also mean buying more rubbish into our deck.

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    Ladies, calm down. You're both pretty.

I actually do have a legit question, since I haven't played 2-character variant before: Does Constantine pair well with anyone other than Shazam? I see he's ranked fairly high, but I can't think of anyone else that he would pair well with.

EDIT: I guess you can add Aquaman to that list as well, now that I think about it.

U should definitely try 2 hero variant , is fun... The game faster as well, more chances of combos, synergy.... I think Constantine can be good with mr terrific too, discard a punch draw an equipment, put a hero/super power/villian as the next card and destroy it with Constantine.

Alan scott maybe, draw the cost 0 card until u hit a wall then use constNtine to break through it. But for Alan Scott to be any good I think u need power of the red (crisis 1).