Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I would venture Constantine pairs well with Deathstroke from FE

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    I would venture Constantine pairs well with Deathstroke from FE
    Bane can be fun .

I pretty much exclusively play 2 Character 1v1 since it provides a good game without hampering your games for having 1 bad Character.

Also, Constatine and Deathstroke does not work as the card is not destroyed until the end of turn.

Constantine has Shazam!, but he does work well with others on occasion. But just due to his Shazam! Partnership, he's too good. Same goes for Aquaman (Crisis) and Bizarro.

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post
    I pretty much exclusively play 2 Character 1v1 since it provides a good game without hampering your games for having 1 bad Character.

Also, Constatine and Deathstroke does not work as the card is not destroyed until the end of turn.

Constantine has Shazam!, but he does work well with others on occasion. But just due to his Shazam! Partnership, he's too good. Same goes for Aquaman (Crisis) and Bizarro.
    Bane/Constantine seems pretty sweet, actually. Also, yeah, I recall the Aquaman (Crisis)/Bizarro interaction. It's pretty degenerate once you have a destroy card.

So here's my question... how does the drafting system work exactly? I'm considering trying out the 2-character variant, but right now, my first instinct was to just give everyone 4 characters, just 2 of them for the best synergy, and that's your team. A draft variation would likely work out better, but I also want a viable option for when only 2 players get to play.

My friend group exclusively plays 1v1 as we come from competitive scenes. Here is how we play 1v1 exactly:

1) Dice roll to determine who gets initiative.
    2) Player 1 strikes a base set (Classic, Heroes Unite, Forever Evil, Teen Titans), then Player 2 strikes one.
    3) Player 1 then picks one of the 2 sets to be played for Game 1.
    4) Player 1 bans a Character from the pool of Characters. Player 2 bans a Character. Repeat step until both players have banned 4 Characters each.
    5) Player 1 picks a Character. Player 2 picks 2 Characters. Player 1 picks his last Character.
    6) Players roll for who goes first in game unless The Flash is present. If The Flash and The Flash Crisis are present, it becomes a dice roll again.
    7) After Game 1, all Characters and base set used are now banned. The loser of the game becomes Player 1 and determines base set to be played for Game 2. Players then receive 1 ban a piece starting with Player 1.
    8) Player 1 picks a Character. Player 2 picks 2 Characters. Player 1 picks his last Character.
    9) Game 2 allows Player 1 to go first unless The Flash is present.
    10) After the game, repeat same clean-up method for Game 1 and if Game 2 is necessary, repeat Step 7 thru 9.

My friend group exclusively plays 1v1 as we come from competitive scenes. Here is how we play 1v1 exactly:

1) Dice roll to determine who gets initiative.
    2) Player 1 strikes a base set (Classic, Heroes Unite, Forever Evil, Teen Titans), then Player 2 strikes one.
    3) Player 1 then picks one of the 2 sets to be played for Game 1.
    4) Player 1 bans a Character from the pool of Characters. Player 2 bans a Character. Repeat step until both players have banned 4 Characters each.
    5) Player 1 picks a Character. Player 2 picks 2 Characters. Player 1 picks his last Character.
    6) Players roll for who goes first in game unless The Flash is present. If The Flash and The Flash Crisis are present, it becomes a dice roll again.
    7) After Game 1, all Characters and base set used are now banned. The loser of the game becomes Player 1 and determines base set to be played for Game 2. Players then receive 1 ban a piece starting with Player 1.
    8) Player 1 picks a Character. Player 2 picks 2 Characters. Player 1 picks his last Character.
    9) Game 2 allows Player 1 to go first unless The Flash is present.
    10) After the game, repeat same clean-up method for Game 1 and if Game 2 is necessary, repeat Step 7 thru 9.
    Sounds cool. Do you have a way to factor in smaller subsets like Crisis, Rivals, or Crossover similarly to the base sets? And how are Super Villains determined? Do you only use the SVs that correspond to the given set? If so, where does that leave Felix Faust?

Also, I'm still trying my damndest to figure out Kid Flash as a character per his strengths. His ability seems sweet, since he basically lets you play a better version of Ascension, but aside from Teen Titans, I'm not seeing any other great sets for him since it has so many cheap cards that can allow you to chain together so easily. Maybe the base set if you get a huge power gain card like Man of Steel or Parallax?
    Last edited by LRoq617; 07-25-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    Sounds cool. Do you have a way to factor in smaller subsets like Crisis, Rivals, or Crossover similarly to the base sets? And how are Super Villains determined? Do you only use the SVs that correspond to the given set? If so, where does that leave Felix Faust?

Also, I'm still trying my damndest to figure out Kid Flash as a character per his strengths. His ability seems sweet, since he basically lets you play a better version of Ascension, but aside from Teen Titans, I'm not seeing any other great sets for him since it has so many cheap cards that can allow you to chain together so easily. Maybe the base set if you get a huge power gain card like Man of Steel or Parallax?
    He's very much meant for the player confident enough in their deck-building and decision making skills that they feel they don't need extra power/card draw/etc to go off. Just like you said with cards like Man of Steel and Parallax, there are definitely games where you have more power than you know what to do with. Even times when you have 6 power but you really want to buy that Nth Metal or Super Speed. Also, cards that outright gain like Orange Lantern Power Ring or Cheetah are great with him.

Felix Faust is not included into any game as he's too powerful and didn't exactly land with a set. We use the Super-Villains per the base set. And no we don't use any non-base set cards when we play this way, but obviously do what you want with the idea.

Funny comment here for jakecav18, 2 of the guys in my play group have been picking Superman and Suberboy in Game 3 (Generally ends up being the Heroes Unite game) as they want to grab an early Force Field and then spam Superboy every turn with a Kick that now draws a card and gives +2 Power (essentially).

So far, 100% of the games they attempt this, they get a Force Field in the first 10 turns without any chance of opposition to it.

Funny comment here for jakecav18, 2 of the guys in my play group have been picking Superman and Suberboy in Game 3 (Generally ends up being the Heroes Unite game) as they want to grab an early Force Field and then spam Superboy every turn with a Kick that now draws a card and gives +2 Power (essentially).

So far, 100% of the games they attempt this, they get a Force Field in the first 10 turns without any chance of opposition to it.
    One thing I've noticed is that if we ever play the first two sets now (they are probably our two most played sets because college ended right after college ended and we moved away from each other) they are usually blowout games due to one game changing card coming up in the lineup at the right time and getting immediately bought and then the landslide commencing. I usually get beat in FE because its so fundamentally different from the first two sets. My buddy came from a competitive card playing background, so he adjusted to it much more quickly than I did. I'm catching on with it though. Can't really tell who has the upper hand with TT yet.

We used to try two hero variants, but they never worked quite right. We tried just a base set and normal amount of villains, and that game just flew by way too quickly for us. Then we tried adding two stacks of villains together, and then most games just ended with the main deck running out. We tried two whole base sets and two stacks of villains then the games took way too long. We just kept Goldilocksing until we gave up with the concept entirely unfortunately. What we wanted was a similar game length of a single hero single game with occassional games in which the game ended by buying the whole main deck. Basically, the feel of a single hero single set 1v1 game.