Thread: can you still buy starter trial decklists cards from the AH?

can you still buy starter trial decklists cards from the AH?

I tried looking for some of them but it doesnt seem they are available anymore. Is this true?

The Transcended
    Cards sell out sometimes. Have to wait until someone notices and lists more, or mention it in chat.

Hero of Adamanth
    It'd be great if someone posted decklists for the new starter decks... That'll help in unlocking the trials

The official list ( https://www.hextcg.com/starter-decks/ ) has not yet been updated.

EDIT:
    Ah, seems that TCGBrowser has'm listed -> http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/shared-...search=starter
    Last edited by Makizushi; 07-24-2015 at 03:25 AM.

Hero of Adamanth
    I've tried it with two of the decks: Elf and Necrotic. Both work and unlock the starter trials.

That's the good thing. The bad thing is that at the moment, parting them out is actually more expensive than upfront paying the five bucks for a starter deck. Cost me roughly ten to eleven bucks to get the cards that I did not already have (which were mostly from set 1).

Quote Originally Posted by Makizushi View Post
    I've tried it with two of the decks: Elf and Necrotic. Both work and unlock the starter trials.

That's the good thing. The bad thing is that at the moment, parting them out is actually more expensive than upfront paying the five bucks for a starter deck. Cost me roughly ten to eleven bucks to get the cards that I did not already have (which were mostly from set 1).
    Erm...why didn't you just buy the starters then if it was cheaper?

Was wondering the same thing about this... the newbie faqs say to buy the starters piecemeal off the AH...but if you look at individual card prices, the actual starters are cheaper, some individual cards costing almost as much as the entire starter. Not sure really whats up.
    Last edited by TheFallenLord; 07-24-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenLord View Post
    Was wondering the same thing about this... the newbie faqs say to buy the starters piecemeal off the AH...but if you look at individual card prices, the actual starters are cheaper, some individual cards costing almost as much as the entire starter. Not sure really whats up.
    Newbie FAQs haven't been updated since they reduced the price of the starter decks from 1000 plat to 500 plat. Pretty sure if they were to get updated, they would reverse their stance on that.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrender View Post
    Erm...why didn't you just buy the starters then if it was cheaper?
    Because... Well... Because I'm a dummy.

I'd done the math, built the lists, determined the costs and then put together the Vennen deck. I ate the cost so I could answer OP's question whether buying them pieced-out still unlocks the trials. Someone asked for help and I could offer it