Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Convocation. How will you get YOUR packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafoote View Post
    I think it will be mostly Arena for me as well.

Does anyone think 10 individual cards might be a few too many for the 2015 pack? That's 22 total packs you would need if you lucked into exactly a full set. After seeing the distribution from chests I'm mildly concerned we're all going to be overrun with equipment for cards nobody actually has.
    Seems fine, there are some people who will do a LOT of draft and Gauntlet. 2015 packs will be pretty common.

The 13/14 ones will be the ones worth a lot. I have a couple of days to get my draft skills up.

Have we received official word on whether gauntlets started before the event, but finished during it, will receive convocation packs? The indication before the release celebration was that the answer was "no," but it turned out to be "yes," I believe.

Also wondering if the whole 5-0 thing will hold up. Currently prizes in gauntlet do not seem set up to differentiate based on losses. Wondering if that is something they will have put in or not.

Hero of Adamanth
    one arena run 50-60 mins.
    Nico even mentioned 30 minute runs.

What the heck?! How are you guys managing to do that?! My T1+T2 take me forty minutes easily, let alone retries on Eternal Guardian / King Gabriel / Eurich / etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Makizushi View Post
    Nico even mentioned 30 minute runs.

What the heck?! How are you guys managing to do that?! My T1+T2 take me forty minutes easily, let alone retries on Eternal Guardian / King Gabriel / Eurich / etc.
    Yeah, my dwarf aggro deck takes 60-70 minutes easily unless I'm really pushing myself, and it's worse now due to the robes nerf. Anything less than 40 minutes is quite unusual as far as I've been able to tell by playing, watching streams, and other videos. I mean, it can be done, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

How consistent are the 30 min runs though? I thought those speedruns were built for the 'best-case' scenario?
    I'd rather a slower deck, that can consistently perfect arena, than getting that perfect run in 30 mins only 1 out of 4 times.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    Yeah, my dwarf aggro deck takes 60-70 minutes easily unless I'm really pushing myself
    Oh that 40 minutes was only for tiers one and two. Three and four easily add one to two hours for me. I guess I'm really slow? If I'm lucky I can clear an arena run in one evening.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafoote View Post
    I think it will be mostly Arena for me as well.

Does anyone think 10 individual cards might be a few too many for the 2015 pack? That's 22 total packs you would need if you lucked into exactly a full set. After seeing the distribution from chests I'm mildly concerned we're all going to be overrun with equipment for cards nobody actually has.
    That is totally going to happen. A week after convocation there will be 500,000 copies of both storm of the century equipment on the AH for 5 gold each and 2 storm of the century for 6000 plat each.

Back before Xocoy nerf, I'd get 26 minutes fairly consistently, and around 20 minutes at the best. You don't want to actually play tier one if you're farming, you know. That was using the Jags + Cabalist + Brutal Commander + Xocoy deck.

Getting pretty good, fast and solid results with this deck, even after Xocoy nerf. This is my Arena farming deck at the moment