Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEX windows install not working anymore

HEX windows install not working anymore

Hi! I've installed the game once , then after a week of playing or so , the HexPatch-er stopped working with a 174bit data remaining to read message, restarted machine, didn't fix the problem. Same message, client stopped to work, repair button is gray , couldn't even click on it.

So I've tried to uninstall it, the uninstall just deleted the HexPatch.exe , but everything else been untouched, so I could start the Hex.exe and play the game for 2 more days.... on the 3rd day the game didn't load anymore, so I wanted to download the game again and reinstall it.

Deleted the game manually, removed everything from the registry also and from everywhere where it left a mark on my computer, so downloaded the installer, its started to install the game , but stuck at the downloading....

Downloading: 3of 5 (60%)
    sharedassets0.assets.new

when its reach 100% then the whole thing starts from the beginning and downloading again the sharedassets0.asstes.new and this thing going again and again and again....

Any suggestion? I wonder how this client can be such a big shit, also wondering why I need 3 accounts... 1 for forum, 1 for support 1 for the game??? wtf...?

Time Bug
    Do you have a second PC/laptop?
    I had a similar problem and just copied the game from one machine to the other.
    It had to re-download everything (despite having all the data already...)
    but then it worked.

I don't have other computers.

I tried to install to other laptop, Pc , experienced the same. there is a topic where u can dowload the whole HEX directory.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...t=44386&page=9

Time Bug
    Then maybe download it onto an USB stick at someone else' PC.
    Sorry.that I only have such a complicated answer, maybe someone else has a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Piszkosfred View Post
    I tried to install to other laptop, Pc , experienced the same. there is a topic where u can dowload the whole HEX directory.

Thanks, gonna try it, I think this install problem is server side , only experiencing it since the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen91 View Post
    Then maybe download it onto an USB stick at someone else' PC.
    Sorry.that I only have such a complicated answer, maybe someone else has a better solution.
    Np. Thank you anyway. Well I find it unprofessional that a game's install is not working and the solution to play with UAC (account control) in windows, while I think maybe that was the case before the last patch, but now the problem is still there , doesn't matter what I'm tried to do, I have no firewall or anti virus, even the windows firewall is shut down. Still not working, so I really doubt its our problem, more like server side. I didn't have issues before the patch only after.

Think most of the ppl won't have problem till they not removing completely the whole game...

Would like to see an answer from the devs about this issue. Seems like I'm not the only one who ran into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piszkosfred View Post

So I'm tried this way, downloaded the zip and the .reg.

- copy pasted/overwrote everything in my folder then started the game.
    - the game patched itself up then gave a gateway 504 error.
    - closed the patcher, re-launched the game, then gave a 175 bytes remaining to read message and stuck.
    - made a backup folder then moved the hexpatch.exe there, so I could start the game with hex.exe and avoid to start the patcher, now this way the game is started and working fine.

Thanks for the fix, still not a 100% solution since this way also running into issues, but at least can make the game to work.

Hero of Adamanth
    Thanks for the fix, still not a 100% solution
    I for one would never trust a random person's ZIP file of an application to run on my personal computer. But that's me, working in IT security.

Quote Originally Posted by Makizushi View Post
    I for one would never trust a random person's ZIP file of an application to run on my personal computer. But that's me, working in IT security.
    You're right! Crypto should be fixing this issue.