Thread: What are mercenaries?

What are mercenaries?

Hello!

I see in the auction house the are "mercenaries" for sale...What are those mercenaries?

Quote Originally Posted by ivangarridor View Post
    Hello!

I see in the auction house the are "mercenaries" for sale...What are those mercenaries?
    It's a feature that's not implemented yet. When they do get put in, they will function as a sort of sideboard for PVE. You can switch your PVE deck to a mercenary's deck which would be better suited to dealing with a troublesome champion or boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrender View Post
    It's a feature that's not implemented yet. When they do get put in, they will function as a sort of sideboard for PVE. You can switch your PVE deck to a mercenary's deck which would be better suited to dealing with a troublesome champion or boss.
    So those mercenaries will have specific champion hability?

And an associated deck as well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrender View Post
    And an associated deck as well I think.
    Ok thanks! Last question...In what part of the card manager can see the mercenaries I have?

Not in Card Manager but in the Inventory Stash. It will also show how many you own if you mouse over one in the Auction House.

You should be able to view your mercenaries in the 'Select Champion' section of the deck editor, as well. There's a tab for Legends, and then options for Champions and Mercenaries. Not sure if the mercenaries tab is populated correctly yet, but once mercenaries are live, you'll be able to view all of them there.

Legends are the set-based PvP champions. Champions are your PvE heroes that level up, and Mercenaries are your specialized champions that have more specific abilities, closer to what Arena enemies look like. When you save a Mercenary deck, you'll be able to use that deck for one (?) fight in a given dungeon per run. Usually this will be to answer a specific encounter that's giving you trouble. Supposedly once you beat a dungeon normally you'll unlock the ability to use mercenaries for the whole dungeon, rather than as a single switch-out.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Mercenaries will be part of your PvE party and, once you level up, you will be able to select mercs to bring into your party. (The campaign demo showed 1 merc leader and 3 additional mercs). During GenCon, it was revealed that mercenaries will have party buffs as well. So it sounds as though different mercs will bring different buffs to your party too!
    | Pro Player Backer | Slacker Backer |