Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst AI misplay I've seen so far, told in pictures. AI afraid of Corrupt Harvester?

Thumbs down Worst AI misplay I've seen so far, told in pictures. AI afraid of Corrupt Harvester?

Take a look at my situation against the Sniper of Gawain on turn 10:

Hex_Bug6.jpg

This was after maybe 4 turns in a row of him not attacking with a bunch of troops that would have 100% wiped me out in one attack, as I didn't have enough blockers.

Suddenly he plays this shield guy who attacks by himself!

Obviously I blocked him and he died and I gained some health.

A few turns later, the situation still not looking super good for me, he does this weird move (not the first time I've seen it, btw):

Hex_Bug7.jpg

So he plays Inner Conflict on his own guy while I have two unblockable troops sitting there?? This honestly is a BUG, as this champion should NEVER play IC on his own troops. There's nothing in his deck to warrant it.

Anyway, he continued to sit there letting me live for no reason, until I pumped up my second unblockable harvester and killed him.

I mention the Corrupt Harvesters because I've played a couple different AIs that seem to completely misunderstand the card and will seemingly hold troops in reserve to block against them even when they can't actually block them... Even like here where they could kill me outright but don't, for multiple turns, when I have the CH in play.

Unless I am misreading something here, if he attacks with everything you block with your guys, the lifedrain from the harvester will stop you from dying.

Not sure about the attack with the 1/1 or the inner conflict plays though, they sound like a bug.

Gigantisaur
    The new patch seems to have reverted the ai to it's previous potato status. Enjoy the free wins!

Gigantisaur
    I'm seeing a real mixture of odd (mis)plays combined with some quite interesting proper plays. There have been a few times I've been caught out (which is great), but also many times where I'm left bewildered by what the AI is doing.
    Hoping this is just a necessary step in the grant plans for the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Auran View Post
    Unless I am misreading something here, if he attacks with everything you block with your guys, the lifedrain from the harvester will stop you from dying.
    You know I think you're right, he'd only get me down to 2 life in this situation, but I'd also be down at least one blocker and he'd probably be able to overcome me in another turn.

However, I didn't actually take the screenshot as soon as I should have. At this point I've been down to 7 life for a few turns and I didn't have all three of those troops out earlier. He definitely could have killed me at least two turns prior to this. It felt like he was toying with me at first!

However, look at this game I just played against King Gabriel! He definitely could have killed me here, and chose to wait another turn before doing so. Maybe he thought I had a really good card in my hand that would have prevented my death? He instead waited until I was down to 4 life and then attacked with everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Philomorph; 07-28-2015 at 09:27 PM.

I am playing against the Sniper of Gawaine right now, I have a Electroid and Reactor bot out, he has a Ruby Pyromancer (his turn 3) and he casts inner conflict on his own creature!

Quote Originally Posted by MatWith1T View Post
    The new patch seems to have reverted the ai to it's previous potato status. Enjoy the free wins!
    That can't be... according the the official game overview, we're battling "The Most Advanced TCG AI Ever Created".

All those misplays by the AI are actually on purpose in order to lull us into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    That can't be... according the the official game overview, we're battling "The Most Advanced TCG AI Ever Created".
    To be fair that's a pretty low bar to beat, I can't really think of any really good TCG computer opponents.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

The shield trainer thing is either "personality" he has aspirations of being a mighty warrior and will swing into any odds, or a bug with that one card because the ai specifically does that with shield trainers. The self targeting with inner conflict is a new bug added this patch and he does this 90% of the time. AI still gained as much as he lost this patch i feel but the old removing his own guys comming back makes me sad.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

I have this sort of thing happen all the time. It seems to me that the AI prioritizes is minions over your life total at times. I've seen times where they won't attack because my one or two creatures will block/kill one of theirs. So thusly the AI doesn't want to lose any troops because that = bad and such, so they just get this crazy army and do nothing with it unless you attack, which by that point anyone with half a brain would wait til they can get the kill shot for sure.