Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arena Spider/Mill Deck (can full mill on turn 5)

Definitely a fun deck. I've noticed it has a lot of flaws against particular opponents, especially when you can't quite get their regarding double-threshold/or don't draw vilefang. In particular, I'm 0-2 vs. Eldritch Dreamer.
    Thanks for sharing. I think there are some definite rooms for improvement, maybe Noxious Glory/Extinction as a catch-all. But, ftmp, this is super fun, and once you get the combo going, it's all-over.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Definitely a fun deck. I've noticed it has a lot of flaws against particular opponents, especially when you can't quite get their regarding double-threshold/or don't draw vilefang. In particular, I'm 0-2 vs. Eldritch Dreamer.
    Thanks for sharing. I think there are some definite rooms for improvement, maybe Noxious Glory/Extinction as a catch-all. But, ftmp, this is super fun, and once you get the combo going, it's all-over.
    Yeah I've had some problems with the Eldritch Dreamer as well. The Scroll of Yazukan can be one potential win con if you can mill him a bit to pop out a 5/6 crush (stupid debuff). Phenteo also seems to help some (wish I had more than 1).

I definitely agree there's room for improvement I just haven't figured out something that fits well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post
    Yeah I've had some problems with the Eldritch Dreamer as well. The Scroll of Yazukan can be one potential win con if you can mill him a bit to pop out a 5/6 crush (stupid debuff). Phenteo also seems to help some (wish I had more than 1).

I definitely agree there's room for improvement I just haven't figured out something that fits well.
    I'm running 2 Phenteo's which seems to be enough. In arena, I like to stack the decks with low drops, I think there is room here to make the deck more consistent. For example - I might play 4x Arcane Focus, and/or 4x Seers (next action draws a card). The challenge is, what do you take out for em? Probably Chronic Madness. Those feel like the most dead cards in the deck currently. Tough choices.
    Last edited by nicosharp; 07-30-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I'm running 2 Phenteo's which seems to be enough. In arena, I like to stack the decks with low drops, I think there is room here to make the deck more consistent. For example - I might play 4x Arcane Focus, and/or 4x Seers (next action draws a card). The challenge is, what do you take out for em? Probably Chronic Madness. Those feel like the most dead cards in the deck currently. Tough choices.
    I'd definitively take out Chronic Madness in Arena where it is not as critical to make surprise spiders out of nowhere. It can save the day though...

It looks fun. However, I didn't even escape T1 with this deck. Seems like it needs either early removal to allow time to setup, or it needs quite a lot of draw power. Too many games I was missing something, and just died waiting to draw it.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

It is a little more RNG than other decks, but that's the nature of spiders.
    I never had Phenteo come out, but due to a bug with the scrolls, I had like 4 6/6 milling creatures that the AI didn't want to block, milled a couple of them out pretty fast that way.

I added a pair of Bastardspawn of Bakrung into your deck. There were games where I won with it never leaving my hand, but there were games like Eurig where it really came to the rescue.
    PvE Hex - At long last!