Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1098

Thread: Convocation arena drop rates

Especially now with Arena being laggy again... It took me 40 minutes to get through the last 2 tiers cause of the current slowdown

And my awards screen bugged out cause of the lag, so I have no idea what I won on that 20-0 run! (No convocation packs though)
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

Nice to hear that they are collecting our feedback but this leaves still a real bad taste to wait to say something official after the event, there are so many problems with the event it self. Like today bug fest deluxe couldn't finish a single run without hang ups, and now since 2 or 3 hours it's also a bit laggy and slow. Not really what is needed in a short time event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditsch View Post
    Nice to hear that they are collecting our feedback but this leaves still a real bad taste to wait to say something official after the event, there are so many problems with the event it self. Like today bug fest deluxe couldn't finish a single run without hang ups, and now since 2 or 3 hours it's also a bit laggy and slow. Not really what is needed in a short time event.
    We appreciate that feedback from us is important. It's a large event, the first of its kind. It is also the first to cross over both our live events and the online events. We were committed to making sure players could obtain these items online. Due to the size of the event and it's reach, we have a responsibility to spend the time required to have a deep understanding of how the event played out. We want to see it both from the whole and the individual. We will share our impressions of it as its available, but it may take some time.

Not sure if Kismet is smiling upon me cause it's the last day, but I just had my best Arena Run yet.

Perfect 20-0 Run. No Xarlox encounter.

3 2015 Packs. 1 2013/2014 Pack. 10700 Gold. A common and Rare Stardust...

I think I'll call it a night.

So my total Convocation spoils for the week - 22 2015 Packs and 3 2013/2014 packs.
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    We appreciate that feedback from us is important. It's a large event, the first of its kind. It is also the first to cross over both our live events and the online events. We were committed to making sure players could obtain these items online. Due to the size of the event and it's reach, we have a responsibility to spend the time required to have a deep understanding of how the event played out. We want to see it both from the whole and the individual. We will share our impressions of it as its available, but it may take some time.

Here’s feedback, then, as I understand it.

The Convocation:

+Allowed access to items not otherwise available (Welcome to the collection, Meteor Puppeh! ^.^)
    +Allowed some newer/F2P players to live the dream, as it were, with high-value Arena drops saleable for large amounts of platinum
    +Added a thrill to Arena loot not otherwise present
    +Didn’t cost players anything to participate

-Locked functional noncosmetic PVE cards/equips behind a time-restricted RNG/pay wall
    -Burned people out due to a RNG-heavy event completion grind requirement in a short span of time **
    -EDIT (Thank you, Oroniss, forgot this one): Was too close to the Release Event, tested endurance
    -Re-opened the divide between not only KS vs. non-KS, but added friction between tiers (DC vs non-DC)
    -Bugs of various types (No bonus chests, Adamanth Town Crier, lag/freeze bugs, etc) reduced available loot, leaving some feeling cheated

** I think this deserves analysis. If you were trying to grind for a playset of everything – and we were not explicitly told this was unrealistic, we had to come to that sometimes disappointing realization ourselves – you could never be “done” with the event. There was no limit on earnable packs, nor methods to guarantee what you wanted would take a finite effort. There was just more reason to grind, to burn yourself out in pursuit of a dream that would not materialize again without direct purchases.
    Last edited by Fyren; 08-06-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Devoted Emissary
    Fair enough, here is my feedback then.

Overall, I loved the event. I played a lot of Arena. I thought the PvE cards were really nicely done, good art, great theme, overall excellent. (I haven't tried them as a deck yet - so won't comment on their functionality/fun to play).

Also, the storm cloud AA is one of the best pieces of art in the game. I just love it. Can't state this strongly enough.

Things I would change if it was up to me -

Reduce the RNG significantly on the non-AA rewards. Someone mentioned a points/token/badge type thing which would be great. Alternatively make the unique rewards available for much longer or "reprint" them in a dungeon somewhere. As someone who only collects for PvE, stormcoat is just as frustrating as having a unique, super rare, PvP card only available during the event would be to the serious PvP audience.

Limit the high RNG to the AAs. Chasey/valuable is fantastic and makes collecting more fun, but make it essentially cosmetic in nature. For example AA PvE cards would be cool.

I'm sure it wasn't planned this way, but I would have liked a longer break between set 3 release and the event. Aside from allowing longer to fix the inevitable bugs that cropped up with a new set, I was also a bit burned out at the start of the event, more so now.

Still want to say though that the positives vastly outweighed the negatives in my opinion. I'll be back next year however it plays out.

The Transcended
    I was scrolling through the pages looking for Orange, and was about to make a post complaining that 100 pages wasn't enough to warrant a response, but then...

Thanks to all for their feedback on this topic. We've been following along all week. It's our first big event of this type, so we're going to value the input players have about their experiences and how they think we can always improve our programs for the players as a whole. With the Convocation event coming to a close, we'll combine this with other data we have and we'll likely do some sort of post or article about it sometime in the future after we've digested all the numbers and forum posts. Please continue to share your stories and discuss. Thanks again.
    ... so now I'm content. Thanks for the responses, Will. I look forward to hearing the team's debrief. I'm sure there are enough lessons to be learned here to fill several articles on hextcg.com.

One thing I didn't like is the reward dropping in a mystery box. The AA Ozawa is the only thing I really want to keep for myself, and wanted to sell off everything else. Which means I just have to sell off everything and hope none of the boxes had one of those in them. At least I'll never know. But boxing was probably the right decision, so more newbs who are mere spergpeasants know what they have.

Final results:

11/88 boxes. 12.5%, much more generous than the 2 to 5% I was expecting. So, kudos for that.
    3/11 2013 boxes. 27.3% of the boxes, or 3% of all drops. About what I was expecting.
    0/40000002 Loch Ness Monsters
    1/88 bonus drops. 1.1% of all drops when it used to be closer to 30.

My data says I had 12 convocation drops, but that's either a data entry error on my part or the game ate it.
    Last edited by IronPheasant; 08-06-2015 at 01:27 AM.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    One thing I didn't like is the reward dropping in a mystery box. The AA Ozawa is the only thing I really want to keep for myself, and wanted to sell off everything else. Which means I just have to sell off everything and hope none of the boxes had one of those in them. At least I'll never know. But boxing was probably the right decision, so more newbs who are mere spergpeasants know what they have.

Final results:

11/88 boxes. 12.5%, much more generous than the 2 to 5% I was expecting. So, kudos for that.
    3/11 2013 boxes. 27.3% of the boxes, or 3% of all drops. About what I was expecting.
    0/40000002 Loch Ness Monsters
    1/88 bonus drops. 1.1% of all drops when it used to be closer to 30.

My data says I had 12 convocation drops, but that's either a data entry error on my part or the game ate it.
    Im happy with those drop rates. Im also happy with boxes. I guess thats why I dont mind any of the drama thats bothering others.

Hero of Adamanth
    It was fine. I am happy there is some rare stuff what you can get other than winning a tournament, be KS collector, or be on a live event.
    Last edited by madar; 08-06-2015 at 02:50 AM.