Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Stormcoat GIVEAWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by zadies View Post
    *shakes head* I'm sure there are a number of ethical issues involved. We have really anemic poor population because we as a country refuse to pay a living wage. Anyway this particular thread isn't a place for a political debate, donating blood is great but just don't go around thinking that you are saving someones life with it, you aren't because the person you are saving is having to buy their life. If blood was actually a donation it would go from you to the people that need it at cost which is most certainly doesn't...
    ... in some countries.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Master Theorycrafter
    Just got back from donating an hour or so ago. Thanks again for doing this Colin! Got me off my rear end to donate when it had been awhile since I last donated.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I was very surprised to learn that some countries actually pay you for giving Blood. It's something which would never cross my mind.

The British National Health Service donation sessions are always heavily over-booked with volunteers. The waiting list is usually 2 months in advance, (at least in the south-west). It's actually advertised and taught as a positive civil duty to give blood here, along with joining the National Organ Donor list for when you die.

I have the somewhat rare universal O negative blood type and if I forget to rebook an appointment every few 4 months I get letters from the NHS reminding me of my duty to donate due to my blood type.

It's a feel good thing to do anyway. I'm also on the Bone Marrow donation register and hope to oneday be a life-saving match for someone.
    Last edited by Cato; 08-09-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    A few years back I was donating perhaps my 4th session and an elderly gentleman was quietly sitting next me in the Prep area. A nurse came over and sat down next to him and said with some emotion:

"Dr. <Smith>? I was just reviewing your notes before starting, and I though you should know that this is your 90th donation today. From me and all the nurses we just wanted to congratulate you on such an amazing feat and that you will be getting a letter and award from NHS directorate. Thank you for all the lives you have touched."

Someone started to clap and before long all the hall joined in which brought the old boy near to tears. (Brits do not do emotion very well) It was very awe inspiring and noble. You can only donate 3x a year in Britain and the rules are very strict for screening.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I went in to give blood today, but computer system went down just as I was validating my questionaire for entry.
    Yoss, i'm sorry to say this but: The computer says "No"!

I was going to donate today but it seems as a first timer i need to make a special appointment Now i have to wait until wednesday.
    Going to do it anyway though, its a good thing after all.

Thank you to everyone who participated! <3

I'll be dropping into Ne0's twitch.tv/hextcg stream this afternoon to draw a winner.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

3 folks I don't have IGNs for: Charron, Monkhouse, and Peppard (all surnames). If you could send me your IGNs either on the forums or by email that would be most helpful.

Thanks!
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Master Theorycrafter
    Hey colin, about what time do you think you'll be around on the stream today? Or when does he start streaming today? I'll be around all day, and have it up, but just wanted a ballpark so I can make myself available.
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Master Theorycrafter
    @assinine, if its through someone like Blood alliance, you can make an appointment, or be a walk on. Try searching for their mobile centers. Those are much easier, and are open even when the doctors office is closed.