Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This game really need to do better work with mana fixer.

This game really need to do better work with mana fixer.

Seriously, I cannot count how many time I lose in tournament because of mana screw.

It is safe for me to say that more than 50 % of my lost are because of mana screw.

Almost everybody play with 23 spells and 17 resource but why one player has mana screw and another hasn't.

Seriously, because your mana fixer is just beyond terrible. No dual resource and that artifact mana fixer is a joke but people have to use that terrible fixer because you do not give any other options.

Please fix this terrible limited format. I have play a lot of limited format in many games but I never be this frustrated before.

Master Theorycrafter
    Oh look, this topic again...

To summarize a majority of all future post, random is random and the shuffler screws us all from time to time. This isn't like playing in real life, where we never actually truly randomize our deck when shuffling, true randomness from computerized shufflers are the great equalizer.
    Last edited by Erukk; 08-06-2015 at 09:39 AM.

It is safe for me to say that more than 50 % of my lost are because of mana screw.

It's safe to say you're bad at evaluating why you lose games.

^

Everyone and their dog has taken a crack at this. If 17 shards isn't enough, bump it up to 18 or 19. Still having problems with screw? Scream at a d20 and hope RNGesus hears you.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima View Post
    No dual resource .
    I think there is....

*edit*

Ah you mean one that does both, not one or the other?

It's a good thing this game doesn't use mana... So your right, there is literally no mana fixing in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima View Post
    Seriously, I cannot count how many time I lose in tournament because of mana screw.

Almost everybody play with 23 spells and 17 resource but why one player has mana screw and another hasn't.

Seriously, because your mana fixer is just beyond terrible. No dual resource and that artifact mana fixer is a joke but people have to use that terrible fixer because you do not give any other options.

Please fix this terrible limited format. I have play a lot of limited format in many games but I never be this frustrated before.
    Bet you cant count how many times you have won because the other guy was screwed. Or how many times you won because everything went well, or how many times you won because of a skillful move you made, or how many times you lost to a mistake, or how many times you lost to time, or how many times you lost to that one card you hate, or how many times you won because you got the perfect hand to start, or how many times you lost because you didn't draw that one out.....you see what is happening here? You are remembering only one little thing that happens in this game. It hardly happenes and is not really a problem but you make it a problem in your mind.

^this, human flaws, we remember extremes a lot more than neutral results. Variance can throw things in the extreme in the short term. Also deck building goes into it as well. Without knowing your deck set up every time this is a worthless endeavor.

I am guessing the OP just lost a lot of tournaments during the time limited event and is sad he missed out on 2013/14 packs. Entirely understandable.

I too get really unhappy when I miss out on time gated content because of RNG - and the time duration isn't long enough to recover back to the mean.

This game is using a 20 year old resource system, so there are going to be times you just lose due to shard/flood screw. As will the other guy. Just gotta hope it evens out in the end.

I will say that 50% seems high. Last time I was tracking, I or my opponent experience shard flood/screw in about a third of games, but it was not always the deciding factor, and often the screwed player would manage to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    This game is using a 20 year old resource system,
    So if you think it's bad now, just wait until next year when the resource system hits legal drinking age.