Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Titania's Majesty ruins diamond cup.

Titania's Majesty ruins diamond cup.

This card is one of the biggest design failure in this game.

5 Titania's deck in top 8 and 4 Titania's deck in top 4.

Maybe it is fine if you are going to say that this tournament is limited to only set 3. Maybe you will wait for it to ruin next VIP construct tournament before you really try to fix the problem.

Master Theorycrafter
    I probably wouldn't agree with the "biggest design failure" statement, but I will agree that this card can be ridiculously OP when combined with (and it's able to fish out) Ozawa and WC.

It almost makes its previous +2/+2 plus socketed gem to your troops version looks positively tame in comparison.

Fun to see Wild grace the meta as a true contender.
    I think Cressida pushed this over the top though. Lot of answers to the combo, but some of them would be better reserved for a turn 3 or turn 4 response. With Titania's on the play now, the opposing player has to pass their turn 2, and have a 2 cost answer to respond to a potential game loss.

Will be interesting to see how the meta shapes up.
    I'd go as far to say, something will either happen to Cressida, or Titania's before too long, or we will be seeing a lot of 2 cost answers pop up in set4.

With that said, many aggro decks now have the ability to ramp into wins by turn 3 without Titania's.

Games are now more heavily decided by RNG - I guess that is the direction HEX is going with their constructed design.

Expected results with the limited card pool. We'll see how it plays out in standard constructed. That was a one time event that you'll probably never play again.

standard constructed is doing fine imo...
    Is it a strong tier 1 deck? Yes!
    Can anyone beat it? Of course. S/D, S/B, B/D and Mono Blood Control all have good matchups. And the more you prepare for W/R Titania, the weaker your matchup against Mono Ruby becomes.

Gigantisaur
    I totally disagree with the OP. Majesty is the scissors in the paper-rock-scissor paradigm its good to see "combo" being viable and balancing the meta with aggro and control. Historically we have seen RS gorefeast, and S control. Majesty can be beaten but needs reserve slots or careful consideration in the main deck. More people should and will run Martyr. I really like Majesty style decks in the meta. The meta will evolve the answers are there and this format (set 3 only) and the Set 1/2/3 format are relatively new and unexplored. Plus the set 1/2/3 format as it is intended to be played has more answers for Majesty, CZE never designed Set 3 to be standalone playable in constructed, this was a fan run event using an "experimental" format.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Majesty can be beaten but needs reserve slots or careful consideration in the main deck. More people should and will run Martyr. I really like Majesty style decks in the meta. The meta will evolve the answers are there and this format (set 3 only) and the Set 1/2/3 format are relatively new and unexplored. Plus the set 1/2/3 format as it is intended to be played has more answers for Majesty, CZE never designed Set 3 to be standalone playable in constructed, this was a fan run event using an "experimental" format.
    Well, I decided to try and run as many answers to Majesty as I could in my Diamond cup deck. I had Martyr, of course. Lifegain to avoid the 20 point finish from Calamity. Pride's Fall to kill Crocs, Syyns, etc. Noxious Glory and Rot Cast to kill Periwinkle, Lyricist and the other enablers. Discard to strip their hand of threats. Shard Ward post board to deny the big damage swing off a Majesty turn.

I met Majesty decks 4 times out of the 6 rounds I played, and lost all of them. (At least I had an amazing matchup against mono Ruby aggro!) You might be able to weather one Calamity with a Martyr, but that makes their Crocosaurs all the more scary. You can discard their hand, but they can topdeck a random Calamity and finish you. I guess attempting to out aggro Majesty decks and pray they don't hit turn three/four combo might have been better than attempting to control them; but then they brings in Lullabies and things and wreck you. I'll admit I had a few unlucky draws/mulligans, and my losses against Majesty were often 2-1 (so it is beatable); but even trying to run a dedicated counter Majesty deck in the format basically didn't work.

Master Theorycrafter
    It's a really strong combo, but it was so prevalent in a player-run event because of the restrictions put in place by the organizers (Set 3 only) - I expect it to make a good showing during VIP but so will plenty of other decks that don't have their centrepiece do nothing something like 10% of the time

I disagree with titania's majesty OPness.
    I face 5 R/W titania deck and i beat 3 without losing against other deck.
    For me what make the deck so strong is crocosaur, it beat 2 troops without die sometimes.

Think out of the box and you will reach top 8 sometimes

VicMan, you've promised YouTube videos featuring your deck :-)