Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 3rd "currency" for cashing out

A 3rd "currency" for cashing out

We cant sell plat/gold, between gameforge unfairly sell plat, and probably legal issue its unlikely to change any time soon. So we simply need to find a currency we could cash out with. (ofc selling other items like cards is breaking the ToS HXE appears they wont take any action)

The first possibility would be limit AA cards. The value of limited AA cards is unlikely to drop (after it stabilizes), and probably increase over time. Mainly talking about AA cards like collector AA, VIP AA, and event AA, but probably not chest AA. Holding onto AA card are a simply way to project your in game value. The down sizes for AA cards, hard to do small or exact transactions, extremely small supply could make it difficult to acquirer, and it could prove difficult to liquidate large amounts. Also i am not positive AA prices are stable/safe yet. For example all the AA cards are currently standard legal, so when the rotate out they could take a hit.

Another possibility is packs of the current set. Short term pack prices are fairly stable. There is also a good supply of packs in the AH you could use to convert gold/plat into packs. If not worst case is you can buy packs at 200plat from the store. Do to limited events there is always a demand for packs. The down side is packs dont hold their value long term, buying a large amount of packs form the AH could be very tedious (at least currently), and selling thousands of packs could be difficult. Of course you need to sell packs lower then the current AH prices, but cashing out always comes at a cost.

I think packs would be the best way to cash out currently, and aim for within a month of when the newest set came out.

Tad off topic but, I think a good amount of money could be made by a site that buy and sells pack for real world money. Once it has a good rep it would become how any one cashes out. Just would need to keep prices low enough that any one would buy there first before from HXE or the AH. I just dont see a site becoming viable any time soon, would need a supply of people wanting to cash out.

The reason you can't cash out isn't that they don't want you to cash out; it's that American laws regulating online gambling make any such real-money transactions very difficult to set up without running afoul of criminal statutes. Princess Cory doesn't want to go to jail.
    -------
    "Surprise"

You have options to cash out to use at your own risk.
    1) sell to a third party site for a very embarrassing transaction rate in cash for your cards/etc.
    2) sell yourself to folks third party for a price you both agree on for your cards/etc.

The above 2 things are okay, just not "supported" by HXE in terms of the agreements made between the seller and buyer.

The only thing you can't really do now, is sell your currency on your account, or your account itself to someone without it instantly being flagged as a breach of the TOS.

So wait, AA baby yeti aren't the third currency?

We already have platin, gold, ASC, DSC and CBC - why would we need a 6th currency ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    We already have platin, gold, ASC, DSC and CBC - why would we need a 6th currency ?

Bravo Sir!

You know your currencies!
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

Gigantisaur
    Why do you want to cash out?

Even of for some reason HEX fails, which it won't, I'll have had so much fun and value over the years that why would I feel the need to try to recoup any money? I love that my collection has value in terms of trading, but in no way do I worry about converting that to real $.

Master of Gifs
    The citizens of Zophiria only conduct trade with delicious rashers of our famous Primal Bacon. We do not recognize any other form of currency. And for the record we absolutely do not accept the Hamster Bacon that King Gabriel has been feeding the people of Adamanth.

Zophirian Primal Bacon: Accept No Alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    The citizens of Zophiria only conduct trade with delicious rashers of our famous Primal Bacon. We do not recognize any other form of currency. And for the record we absolutely do not accept the Hamster Bacon that King Gabriel has been feeding the people of Adamanth.

Zophirian Primal Bacon: Accept No Alternative.

Hamster bacon is the best!
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    The reason you can't cash out isn't that they don't want you to cash out; it's that American laws regulating online gambling make any such real-money transactions very difficult to set up without running afoul of criminal statutes. Princess Cory doesn't want to go to jail.
    I agree they're being very careful and should be, but if blizzard could do it. It's definitely possible.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares