Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Felicity Smoak - Too powerful?

I have been playing Arrow for a few weeks now and I have to say Felicity is dominating all the other over-sized characters. I feel it is the fact that she is one of the few characters who can pick the cards she pulls from under the character card AND it goes into the players hand. Additionally, though it is luck as to what cards you (secretly!) put under her, she can gain momentum very early game even with only having some low cost hero cards in the deck. It is hard to block her for this reason as it usually not in other peoples best interest to buy these low cost heroes.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just not finding the right counter-strategy for beating Felicity.

I agree she's most powerful in her own set, like Beast Boy and Superboy seem best in TT, or Fate and Wildcat in their set.

All you can do against her is deny Heroes and hope for the best

I was Felicity the first time I played Arrow and my opponents bought up the heroes in the lineup to make sure I wasn't a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    I was Felicity the first time I played Arrow and my opponents bought up the heroes in the lineup to make sure I wasn't a threat.
    That may be the issue. I play a lot of 1v1 games with my fiancee and it is much harder to do this while playing to your strengths.

We found she is quite a powerful character, basically getting cards for free just by playing a lot of Heroes. She's won every game we've used her in. We have yet to ban a character, but she's one of the ones we turn down playing just because she's too good and it makes the game less fun knowing how well she's doing.

Devoted Emissary
    In a 1v1 game, she's definitely very strong. In 3 or more players it's not so hard to deny her Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by StormKing View Post
    In a 1v1 game, she's definitely very strong. In 3 or more players it's not so hard to deny her Heroes.
    But it still says something when it takes the entire group to keep one over-sized character from winning.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    We found she is quite a powerful character, basically getting cards for free just by playing a lot of Heroes. She's won every game we've used her in. We have yet to ban a character, but she's one of the ones we turn down playing just because she's too good and it makes the game less fun knowing how well she's doing.
    Which set your using as the core for arrow crossover? The character power changes slightly depending on the core set... Roy Harper is quite good in FE, as the number of super power is much more compared to the other set, FE also have many not so useful super power for Roy Harper to take, not to mention, word of power (1-cost super power card), easily grant him the ability to take down a super hero.

Oliver queen is pretty good too(but felicity is better)
    Diggle is pretty good in HU, with the "heroes of tomorrow card", and defenses like "Skeet" and "Canary Cry"

The only character that I find problem with is Sara Lance, is like a worse black manta.... But in the base set, with princess diana in addition to collapsible staff, Sara lance can be pretty strong.

Quote Originally Posted by destroth View Post
    The only character that I find problem with is Sara Lance, is like a worse black manta.... But in the base set, with princess diana in addition to collapsible staff, Sara lance can be pretty strong.
    I actually found a great trick using her for the base set. If you are able to grab Verdant location and some Suicide Squads/Clayfaces you can really get Suicide Squads ability working consistently. She is also a great help early game as you can buy a villain turn one and/or two and place them on bottom giving you some good power turn 3 to start getting some good cards. She is still very situational though.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJazz View Post
    But it still says something when it takes the entire group to keep one over-sized character from winning.
    That is not what I said. It's not hard to deny her, not "everyone has to team up to beat her". I should be clearer and say, it's very easy to deny her her power in a non 1v1.