Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Arena "Skip tier 1" effect on Uruunaz.

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    catasca how do u know if sosomeone beat t him legit or becaise he played dumb? some kiled him beciase he was stuck on 2 shards . I killed him before he could do anything.
    You are correct, I don't. But, in theory, if the AI is fixed then all of the champions/challenges will become harder so the struggle to find him will be harder.

    Also, your comment is partly why I think he's a joke and hardly worthy of a sleeve. I want sleeves that signify a great challenge that I overcame and returned victorious so I can use them with pride. This should be true for PVE and PVP. Instead, we get a "I had a good RNG day!" sleeve. (Obviously this is not a 100% accurate representation of all Uruunaz victories.)

  2. #42
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    It has been stated several times by Cory and others that, as a design choice, not everybody will be able to get everything. It happened with the Stormcoat, and it's happening with Uruunaz too. If encounter rate is increased and everybody gets to meet Uruunaz, its "exclusive" status is lost.

    If you're a completionist with an OCD that you must absolutely get every single piece of loot that exists in the game, you're going to be very frustrated playing Hex. It is by design that you can't acquire everything. Cory does not want all of us to meet Uruunaz.
    So Cory has added to the code "Vibraxus will get no encounters with exclusives" got it. And I used to like the guy. *kicks a can*
    Grand King......maybe more

  3. #43
    Hope Hex adds a trophy counter that can go on the sleeves to show how many times you have beat him. Everyones sleeves become even better and unique.

  4. #44
    Hero of Adamanth
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Burlington, WA, USA
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by BitRod View Post
    Hope Hex adds a trophy counter that can go on the sleeves to show how many times you have beat him. Everyones sleeves become even better and unique.
    Or a counter to show how many runs it took you to acquire them. Both stats have a certain amount of clout, and in the case of Uruunaz, it would almost be worth waiting 300+ runs to encounter him if you had a mark to show your dedication like that :-)
    Greyhaven
    The Unnamed Council - Community Admin

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    It is super low.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

  6. #46
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Athens Georgia
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Yewstance View Post
    Strictly speaking, regardless of how it's generated, if Uruunaz has a certain chance of appearing (that isn't actively weighted after failures to find him or something) then its ALWAYS going to be "possible that you never face him".

    If you roll a dice for your entire life, it's absolutely 'possible' that you'll never roll a 6. Extremely unlikely, but absolutely POSSIBLE, that's chances for you. If you roll a 1, then another 1, then another 1, then another 1, the chance of the fifth roll being another 1 in a row is equivalent to it being anything else.

    Or, in other words, if there's random generation at play, former occurrences (or lack thereof) do not effect later occurrences, so no matter how they generate Uruunaz there will be some who will never see him, and some who will see him repeatedly.
    Many people think they can create a system for roulette because they cannot fathom the idea that a person can roll the same color over and over. I saw red land 5 consecutive times, now I will bet on black. Casinos love this "System".
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafoote View Post
    looool!
    im spit my coke.. xD

    Well, im see mr. Uruunax two times, one i win, another lost.. want the revange some day.
    Grand King Tier Supporter
    IGN: Matsu

  8. #48
    Devoted Emissary
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    It has been stated several times by Cory and others that, as a design choice, not everybody will be able to get everything. It happened with the Stormcoat, and it's happening with Uruunaz too. If encounter rate is increased and everybody gets to meet Uruunaz, its "exclusive" status is lost.

    If you're a completionist with an OCD that you must absolutely get every single piece of loot that exists in the game, you're going to be very frustrated playing Hex. It is by design that you can't acquire everything. Cory does not want all of us to meet Uruunaz.
    This is a strong and good point, however I still argue against it, especially in the comparison to Stormcoat - heck, even against the comparison of convention or even KICKSTARTER-exclusive rewards.

    First, foremost, and primarily - uruunaz sleeves are completely untradeable. Kickstarter codes are tradeable, theoretically. Gencon sleeve codes are. Equipment, no matter how rare, can be traded in, sold and you can dig for buyers in. Same for cards, same for anything. Uruunaz sleeves are a rare example of there is no way to purchase or attain them (aside from spinning the roulette until you win, which isn't, by practical standards, a solution that is guaranteed to work).

    It might just be me, but I don't care about never meeting Uruunaz. It's just there are some fancy sleeves that I like the look of that I can never get. I'd like Uruunaz's appearance rate to be dynamic, or for the sleeves to be tradeable - one or the other. Heck, if they were tradeable, that just adds value to the few people who get to see/beat Uruunaz. Everybody wins!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Many people think they can create a system for roulette because they cannot fathom the idea that a person can roll the same color over and over. I saw red land 5 consecutive times, now I will bet on black. Casinos love this "System".
    Gambler's Fallacy, precisely - and something in particular which is often seen in card gamers, actually. The "I just drew 3 shards, what's the chance the fourth card will be another shard?" argument. The answer is - slightly lower than the previous times, assuming you're not reshuffling shards back into your deck or something, but only slightly. And yes, among countless other things, Casino's exploit this psychology extensively, which is why recent winning rolls/colors/numbers are often publicly displayed, for exactly the case you mentioned.
    TL;DR: Man criticizes things. Rambling ensues.

    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...tance-gray.png

  9. #49
    Just coming here to whine and vent my annoyance...

    For I-don't-even-know-how-many-runs I've been running arena with my speedy orc deck, holding off on experimenting with other decks because... Uruunaz. Right up to the point where it got boring to tears. So, off course, I start experimenting with other decks, because boredom leads to getting annoyed with the game, and HEX doesn't deserve that.

    So here I am, with a new deck, got to tier 3 but have been losing two games so far (challenges in both cases, so no strike-off for my losses). I lose the third game. I come to the reward screen. I see the boss that would have been up next. Uruunaz.

    This really really really annoyed me.

    I can live with RNG up to a point, but this almost makes me wish to take a break for a year.

  10. #50
    Don't play decks that cannot 20-0 then. Bad EV anyway...

    Don't grind for Urunaaz. Play because you like the Arena and let Urunaaz be a random encounter that might never happen.

    But yeah, I see your point

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •