Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peri into something without getting priority is unfun :(

High Tomb Lord

Peri into something without getting priority is unfun :(

As I state...
    You can play a Periwinkle and direclty after that a 5 or more drop and your opponent is unable to prevent that...
    is that how it should be? unfair tbh
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

It is not how it should be, and I worry their design philosophy is not going to allow for this to be corrected, as it sounds like they are looking towards *more* streamlining when it comes to passing priority.

This is part of why I made a thread of how the mechanics of periwinkle and other "effect on play" cards seem unfair, but then I got a lot of responses that it is fair and interrupts are strong enough as it is. But the responses kind of ignored what you are talking about, which is that nothing can stop it at all.

As much as i agree the way it is working now is exactly how it works on that other game also. You gain no priority once a Troop enters play.

Quote Originally Posted by poizonous View Post
    As much as i agree the way it is working now is exactly how it works on that other game also. You gain no priority once a Troop enters play.

Same rules as Yu-Gi-Oh... Can't activate Waboku in response to a Jinxo.... (Yes this is from way back in the day).
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

i love it when people say that other game, lol

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2000 View Post
    i love it when people say that other game, lol

He that shall not be named?
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

High Tomb Lord
    well, if it is intenional, i will just switch sides and play peri as well :P
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

3 cost to copy a spell at what is effectively instance speed is about the right cost. In the game that must not be named, it only cost 2 to get that effect on an instant, so giving it some weak legs for cost + 1 seems fair. The only other card we can compare it to in Hex is Thunderfield Elder (which is also 3 cost), but there are enough minor difference that it might be hard to judge.

Thunderfield Elder is larger, can affect cards that cost less than 5, and only requires 1 shard.
    Periwinkle can affect cards in your hand, and requires 2 shards of different colors.

So I definitely think it is fair, as it is an effect that would practically unusable at 4. On the other side though, I don't know if it is fun. If you ignore the existence of Titania's (which I do think is unfair), and look at it from the perspective of being able to copy any other 5 cost card, I think your best combo is crocosaur. So for 2 cards and 8 resources, requiring 3 wild shards and 1 ruby, you get a 1 sided board wipe and 2 5/6s. For that same cost and no threshold you can get immorality through a single card (Eternal Guardian). Or you could completely counter it with an extinction for 4, giving you both card and resource advantage.

8 cost and greater combos are supposed to win you games if unanswered. Its just supposed to be hard to justify having such high cost combos in your deck because you normally can't hit them until turn 5 or 6 with acceleration, which is well before the time where you should die to agro. The existence of Titania's has just been enabling us to ignore that weakness.
    Last edited by loopholist3; 08-20-2015 at 11:40 AM.

if this is indeed how it is working it is counter to their design philosophy. We lost the hold priority key because they want back and forth gameplay, you should be able to respond to your opponent playing a troop.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.