Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    His example is extremely wrong. He's assuming that each card can be counted more than once for each effect. He took my example of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and made it into +4 power when in actuality it's +2 power.

Matt, please confirm.

Ah I see, my bad. So if you play a these cards 2-3-4-5-6 (only 5 cards), you would only get +2 Power from playing 2-3 and 4-5, then draw one card from the 2-3-4, right? My understanding of the card was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post
    His example is extremely wrong. He's assuming that each card can be counted more than once for each effect. He took my example of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and made it into +4 power when in actuality it's +2 power.

Matt, please confirm.
    I deleted my previous post to avoid confusion. I thought he was playing 8 cards, not 5.
    2-3-4-5-6 is indeed +2 Power.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post
    The Shazam! [Character] effect does not require the player to reveal the card he has gained if placing it on the top of his deck. A player may reveal the gained card to provide proof for effects. This ruling also applies to Teleportation (Super Power).
    >Ex. Buying a Villain and revealing it for Wonder Woman [Character] end of turn effect.
    I actually didn't know this. We always just played where we reveal, but I could see it makes sense that you don't have to

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheGreat View Post
    I actually didn't know this. We always just played where we reveal, but I could see it makes sense that you don't have to
    Yeah, Matt had said in a post that cards that aren't technically free information like that, don't have to reveal. This is why Shazam! is even stronger than most think since you may get a card that your opponent has to prepare for.

Quote Originally Posted by unLimitedEnds View Post
    Ah I see, my bad. So if you play a these cards 2-3-4-5-6 (only 5 cards), you would only get +2 Power from playing 2-3 and 4-5, then draw one card from the 2-3-4, right? My understanding of the card was wrong!
    I think it's rather 2-3 +1 power, 2-3-4 draw a card and lastly 5-6, +1 power

Now dr fate is rather confusing.

So if I play 6, then 2, then 5, I get +1 for (6-5)... Then now I play 3, I get another plus one for (2-3) , follow by playing a cost 4. So now I have 2-3-4 or 4-5-6 that I can trigger a draw. So it is that players need to clarify which combination they will trigger draw? Because if the next card happen to be a 7, and that I had used 4-5-6 to draw a card, I won't be able to use the 7 to trigger the effect. But if I use 2-3-4 then I still have 5-6-7 to draw a card. And in this situation since I have trigger 2-3, 5-6 I will only have +2? And the cost 4 and 7 card will not help in generating any power even though the cards I played was 2-3, 4-5, 6-7?

Quote Originally Posted by destroth View Post
    I think it's rather 2-3 +1 power, 2-3-4 draw a card and lastly 5-6, +1 power

Now dr fate is rather confusing.

So if I play 6, then 2, then 5, I get +1 for (6-5)... Then now I play 3, I get another plus one for (2-3) , follow by playing a cost 4. So now I have 2-3-4 or 4-5-6 that I can trigger a draw. So it is that players need to clarify which combination they will trigger draw? Because if the next card happen to be a 7, and that I had used 4-5-6 to draw a card, I won't be able to use the 7 to trigger the effect. But if I use 2-3-4 then I still have 5-6-7 to draw a card. And in this situation since I have trigger 2-3, 5-6 I will only have +2? And the cost 4 and 7 card will not help in generating any power even though the cards I played was 2-3, 4-5, 6-7?
    Yup. Fate can be a cruel mister.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D