Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX Update - Do You Copy?

It seems strange to me (from a design perspective) to allow copies to have both the stat changes from a static ability and the static ability (Example 4).

Interesting read on the replica vs copy but makes sense when you think about it. Didn't know replica's were a story based thing with dwarves that's kinda cool .
    So is this stress test on the live server or is the test server getting some action?. Also those prizes are very top heavy like the last one? With something like a stress test where bugs are likely to happen this seems more like a test of luck for the rewards. I feel like a per round prize is better with a small bonus for winning. That being said those prizes are huge and i'm sure will make people join to make test even more stressy

I don't understand the first Heart of the Wrathwood example. You are copying a creature with base stats of 0, then acting like it has a modifier on it, which it doesn't. It has a static ability. The static ability is copied, but then you also copy the 'modifier' of +6/+6 again, as if it were a separate entity from its static ability. Getting double modifiers like this is extremely unintuitive to me.
    I don't think that 'has' should be considered a modifier, since that single distinction causes odd examples to double dip.

But I guess this explains the situation where Duplicitous Duke creating copies of those minor gem troops gives them an extra +1/+1.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

High Tomb Lord
    Most of these rules are fairly straightforward, but I want to give an example to help explain the last two rules which are easily the most complicated of the bunch. You’re playing a game of HEX, and you have a Nori socketed with the Minor Wild Orb of Conservation (Spellshield). Princess Cory uses Cosmic Transmogrifier to transform your Nori into a Shadowblade Lurker. On your turn, you use Mimic to make a replica of the Shadowblade Lurker. What you actually get is not a Shadowblade Lurker at all, instead you get a Nori who is no longer a Blood Shin’hare, but an artifact Robot Replica Shin’hare that’s also not unique! He’s socketed with the same Minor Wild Orb of Conservation (Spellshield) and has no memory of becoming a Shadowblade Lurker, He’s his own card ready to take down the Princess!
    But this is not how it works Oo

if you play mimic on a transformed skarn, it is the transformed skarn... not the base version
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by McCloud68 View Post
    The part about the Stress event fails to mention what server it will be on. This has historically happened on the Test Server. Will it be on the live server this time?
    Yup. It'll be on the live server.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

If you copy something does it keep its existing modifiers? For example, if the Wolsy Wabbit first used its other power on the Heart of the Wrathwood, would it become an 18/18 when you used the copy ability?

Quote Originally Posted by McCloud68 View Post
    The part about the Stress event fails to mention what server it will be on. This has historically happened on the Test Server. Will it be on the live server this time?
    They used to happen on the live server before the test server. There have been many more tests done on the live than the test server.

So what happens with an Eternal Drifter who has 10 counters? Does his copy enter play with the 10 counters, and then gain 10 more like the original would? Or does the copy get created with 0 counters?

Hey guys,

I completely dropped the ball here on the last replica rules and the example involving the Replicated Shadowblade Lurker that was made from the transformed Nori. This is on me, and this should read the following:

​The replica does not copy any modifiers on the card (this includes transformations.)

Most of these rules are fairly straightforward, but I want to give an example to help explain the last two rules which are easily the most complicated of the bunch. You’re playing a game of HEX, and you have a Nori socketed with the Minor Wild Orb of Conservation (Spellshield). Princess Cory uses Cosmic Transmogrifier to transform your Nori into a Shadowblade Lurker. On your turn, you use Mimic to make a replica of the Shadowblade Lurker. What you get is a Robot Replica Shadowblade Lurker that never remembers being a Nori. This Robot has no recollection of what it was modeled after. Therefore, if reverted, the replica Shadowblade Lurker will not become a Nori because of rule #6, but will instead remain a Shadowblade Lurker.

I know this confused a number of players here in the forums, I apologize about this. These are confusing and complicated concepts in HEX with rule sets that are easy to mix up (Heck, I even mixed them up here). Hopefully this edit will suffice to make things easier to understand, sorry for the confusion. If I can clear up any questions, please post them here, I'll be around throughout the afternoon to clear these up.

~Corey

Quote Originally Posted by PentaChills View Post
    So what happens with an Eternal Drifter who has 10 counters? Does his copy enter play with the 10 counters, and then gain 10 more like the original would? Or does the copy get created with 0 counters?
    To add to this, assuming it enters with 20 counters. Does reverting the copy leave it with 10 counters?

On another related note: going back to the crushing blow on the headless executioner, does reverting the 7/7 crush copy turn it into a 5/5? Or does it stay a 7/7 crush?