Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP: Please Ban Titania's Majesty

PvP: Please Ban Titania's Majesty

I never thought I would be this guy. I expect this statement will get a lot of hate. I bet it will get even more support.

The problem is not that the card is powerful. Its that right now the card is too powerful. There are few answers to the card and fewer still, good answers to the card.

I love the diversity in this game. I love that you can go horizontal or vertical. Control, midrange, aggro were all viable. But now we are at a point where you play Majesty or you play to beat Majesty.

There are a lot of untapped areas in this game that remain that way due to the threat of this card. I had the thought that Walking Calamity might be a better ban, but that is not the problem. There are a lot of big and powerful troops that will do almost the same job. In fact, the majesty deck is so powerful because there are so many options to get from a resolved majesty. (18 with rootfather, 20 with ozawa, etc...) The swath of targets has served to reduce the variance in the card and make it the most powerful threat in the game.

If you ban the card, can you not just unban it when the world you created can handle it? Just put the card in solitary for a while.

I want to live in a world where I can try execute my strategy by tapping out on turn 2. It's ok if I am afraid of being disrupted, it just doesn't feel ok when I die on turn 3. Yes, this is an emotional argument, not a fact based one. But I would wager that there are results that reinforce this emotion that I have.

If you agree, feel free to voice your piece here. If you don't, feel free to do the same. My perspective is one that appreciates diversity and creativity within the game. While a competitive environment will create artificial limits on those options, I feel it is smaller than I want.

Of course, if nothing is done, I will continue to fight the boogeyman until the new set comes out. Just don't expect to see me in the constructed gauntlet.

Still love this game and this community. GL HF

Personally I would nerf it by removing the gem slot and/or raising the casting cost to 6 or 7, but since they said they would not nerf a card, banning seems like the best option. I believe this because I agree that it is no fun to build a deck around a specfic card or build a deck to beat a specific card when that specific card is the same card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambones View Post
    I expect this statement will get a lot of hate. I bet it will get even more support.
    You could just read one of the multiple threads already talking about it to get a good idea.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

Just remove the Gem and the card will be Ok.
    IGN : INSIE

Agreed. Nerfing would be best. But as was stated many times, its not an option.

This discussion goes on in multiple threads already.

In short, I would be in favor of community run tournaments like fiveshards could do a conditional ban/nerf where they only allow the card without a gem. However, Fiveshards wants to wait and see which I can understand. So for now we will have to learn to live with it.

Btw, interesting that your first post in these forums is calling for a ban of TM.
    IGN: Fensale

Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoil View Post
    Btw, interesting that your first post in these forums is calling for a ban of TM.
    ...said Tinfoil.

High Tomb Lord
    maybe we can run a petition... if 51% of the community is for it, we can change the card
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    maybe we can run a petition... if 51% of the community is for it, we can change the card
    A game created by majority is not a good thing.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    A game created by majority is not a good thing.
    I agree. We don't know where they're taking the game, so we can't make these calls. The best we can do is self-regulate, and perhaps come to an agreement that we won't take TM into the proving grounds just to stomp.