Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations on the Stress Test!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    If anything, things are looking much more positive
    We never would've doubt that. It's just we always would like MORE players, just because this game and HXE work on it being amazing and stuff)

I guess now the main question for most people is when prize packs will hit in. We understand that you have to do this manually, because you wouldn't risk automatic prize sending on stress-test where something could've gone wrong. So we'll just keep fingers crossed and wait. If you could kindly provide ETA - that would be also apreciated.

My thoughts exactly! This tournament was perfect for US players, the rest of us, not so much ...
    IGN: Oldtrees

Master of Gifs
    On average we see over 1k signups daily (this number fluctuates but is still steadily increasing).
    This is excellent to hear! And just imagine how much that number will spike when the $100k tournament gets into full swing and PVE comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    This is excellent to hear! And just imagine how much that number will spike when the $100k tournament gets into full swing and PVE comes out!
    I expect a pretty large surge when the PvE patch hits. I've been holding off on pushing a lot of my friends to sign up/play frequently until that hits, and I know some that are excited for it but don't really play now.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    I expect a pretty large surge when the PvE patch hits. I've been holding off on pushing a lot of my friends to sign up/play frequently until that hits, and I know some that are excited for it but don't really play now.
    And the surge from the $100K will be pretty huge from a monetization perspective. I have some insight into the numbers and I've seen nothing to change my optimistic view of the future of HEX. I keep hearing people saying Draft is way down - I think folks would be pleasantly surprised at the reality. And when you add in Gauntlet... The game is definitely growing. Hopefully it'll (figuratively) explode in the short-medium term.
    Last edited by hex_colin; 09-08-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    The game is definitely growing. Hopefully it'll (figuratively) explore in the sort-medium term.
    Did you mean explode and short-medium by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggarius View Post
    Did you mean explode and short-medium by chance?
    Yup, that's what happens when I pull an all-nighter to meet a deadline! :P
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by mrdewit View Post
    My thoughts exactly! This tournament was perfect for US players, the rest of us, not so much ...

Even for US players it ran pretty long. I started playing at 2 PM (U.S. East Coast) and had to miss two rounds to go eat at 9 & 10 PM that night because I hadn't initially comprehended how long things would go. When I got back I still had time to play another round before it ended at something approximating midnight my time. If I'd made the top 8 I would have been up till like 2 AM.

I like that they do big events but I really hope they figure out a way to make them shorter.
    -------
    "Surprise"

I don't like to correct people too often, but let me put a piece of information as to why participation was lower:

1.) Previously, everyone would get a reward even if you didn't stay through the entire tournament;
    2.) It wasn't constructed tournaments before on test;
    3.) It didn't conflict with other community-run tournaments;
    4.) It was a holiday weekend where attendance in games actually run a little lower due to everyone bbq'ing or out with their family as it was a longer weekend;
    5.) Many players have been burnt out on previous stress test tournaments not succeeding that they decided to sit this one out;
    6.) There were a good portion of the players on the server who were not in the large tournament (either in other tournaments, PG, or Frost Ring)

The population on the server actually has been steadily increasing. On average we see over 1k signups daily (this number fluctuates but is still steadily increasing).

If anything, things are looking much more positive
    To add to number 4 it is also a convention weekend and Dragon Con is a rather large distraction when you consider this was a day long tournament

was this 1k signups a day officialy confirmed...i heard that cory said it on a stream once apparently (?)...I still wonder though...maybe is was some special day or whatever...if it was 1k signups a day that would be very good...I doubt it somehow though