Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Adapting 5E D&D to Entrath

  1. #11
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Over There! -->
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Audens View Post
    This is, in fact, what happened with Slaughtergear, isn't it?
    It depends on how you define "went rogue". When Slaughtergear gained sentience it could have either "went rogue" as in started killing everything, or it could have "went rogue" as in simply leaving the control of the dwarves to do whatever with its newly found self awareness.

  2. #12
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    For Dwarves, I don't think they're really immune to constructs. I could picture a scenario where their robots go haywire and turn on the dwarves. I kind of expect half the dwarf PvE campaign to be this, honestly :P However, they do get physical resistance, so that's most of the way there. I don't picture many constructs dealing magical damage, so in effect, they kind of do have it already.
    I think he meant to treat the dwarves themselves as constructs, thus having the innate immunities thereof. (In Hex, dwarves are made of pure stone and not normal living flesh.)

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I think he meant to treat the dwarves themselves as constructs, thus having the innate immunities thereof. (In Hex, dwarves are made of pure stone and not normal living flesh.)
    Ah, that makes sense. That is rather powerful, but can probably be worked with. I'll have a look at it later this week. Advantage is a flexible tool.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

  4. #14
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    Perhaps something like the Eberron construct race from 3rd Ed?

  5. #15
    High Tomb Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wandering Howling Plains
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Perhaps something like the Eberron construct race from 3rd Ed?
    Warforged
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

    http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

  6. #16
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    Warforged
    Yeah, that.

  7. #17
    A good question to know for this: Do Dwarves eat, sleep, or breath? And can Vennen spider-crawl on walls and/or ceilings?
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

  8. #18
    High Tomb Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wandering Howling Plains
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    A good question to know for this: Do Dwarves eat, sleep, or breath? And can Vennen spider-crawl on walls and/or ceilings?
    Given the art it's clear the Vennen can do as much and Dwarves are made of stone they have no desire to eat o need to. I am curious why your translating Hex to D&D if you've not looked that much into the lore of the races..?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

    http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    Given the art it's clear the Vennen can do as much and Dwarves are made of stone they have no desire to eat o need to. I am curious why your translating Hex to D&D if you've not looked that much into the lore of the races..?
    I would say that most of the art is ambiguous as to whether the Vennen can climb walls and ceilings or they use their spinnerets to accomplish a similar effect, and I don't think it's been conclusively stated in the lore whether Dwarves need to eat, sleep,or breathe.

    Even if you were right on all counts, there's no need to be rude. No adaptation is going to be perfect, and I would much rather someone put in the time and effort to create an imperfect adaptation than refrain from doing so because they're not sure they have the lore 100% correct. Doubly so if they're actively seeking additional input and knowledge.

  10. #20
    I wouldn't say I haven't looked that much into the lore. I just don't think we know things as conclusively as you say. It's true I haven't checked every piece of art, but as Audens says, if I do recall correctly, the Vennen cards don't exactly confirm that they can climb walls. The hanging pictures of Vennen for the most part could be hanging from spinnerets, or could be limited to web-covered surfaces. And I definitely don't think that we can conclude that dwarves don't eat or sleep just based off of stone bodies. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were flavor text somewhere saying as much.

    I understand a fair bit of the lore, but I'm asking because there may be pieces of art I haven't recalled, or flavor text I haven't memorized that someone else has, or because a Hex team member might pop in and clarify things. It's always possible I've missed something, there's a lot of canon material out there already.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •