Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feature request- blocking specific auctions

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumSquid View Post
    I'd actually would like to filter out anything that is being sold for the lowest price in plat

Tons of 3-4, 10-11, and 30-31 plat cards that I simply do not want to see because the supply is too high and people can't lower the price any further
    By "lowest price" it would be more accurate to say "at the price floor" so as not to confuse with "cheapest currently available price for a given item". I agree it would be nice to have a filter for "omit items at platinum price floor".

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Folks needs to take personal responsibility, pay attention to the prices, and make sure you're selling/bidding on items with prices you want to get/pay. There should be absolutely ZERO restrictions on what people can try to sell their items for.
    Mhmm. I would like a maximum price filter for both bid -and- buyout though. I don't like how the default is set to bid but isn't listed as such.

Can we get a minimum price filter also. . .

Being able to filter and see items not in your collection yet is also a strongly desired feature I've asked for several times in the past

I made the mistake of grossly overpaying for a card the other day. I mistook the buyout price of "111111" for "11111" and gave away basically all of my gold. Before anyone piles on, I do accept responsibility for my mistake and it is a very painful lesson that I doubt will happen again now. I acknowledge and agree that people can list for whatever they want, and it's up to the player (me) to pay more attention.

In order to "help" prevent this kind of thing from happening, perhaps there could be some value in considering using commas in the prices (IE 111,111 vs 11,111) as in my opinion, 6 digit prices are kind of compressed and somewhat similar in glancing appearance to 5 digit values. The Gameforge website uses commas in the transaction history for your account, as an aside.

I was also thinking about some kind of "max allowable price" setting, so that you would be prompted again for a value over X that you set. I get that it asks you each transaction "are you sure" so it may be a moot point.

Devoted Emissary
    While I totally agree about personal responsibility and all that jazz, I also think that anything that can be done to improve the information available and layout thereof should probably be done. Preventing player mistakes with buying and selling is only going to help the game in the long run.

I wish the AH defaulted to sorting by lowest buyout for starters, or even if it remembered the sort order when you go to your own auctions that would be a start.

I also think a lot of these types of threads would disappear (and probably a fair few quitting players as well) if the AH presented the median sale price for the item in the last week say along with the % amount the listed item was above or below one colour for higher, another for lower. The data is being collected so make it available to players at the time it is useful. If it tells you that angel you're listing is 1% of the average you might double check things.

It's great if someone actually wants to list an Angel of Dawn for 2000gold more power to them and the system shouldn't stop them, but anything that can be added to make sure they do actually want to do that is good. Make an option to disable the information if you personally don't care for it.

I hope that some of this type of functionality is in the works already, but as with anything Hex related it might be behind other things on the priority list. Until then, just pay attention I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    By "lowest price" it would be more accurate to say "at the price floor" so as not to confuse with "cheapest currently available price for a given item". I agree it would be nice to have a filter for "omit items at platinum price floor".
    Wouldn't that just lead to people listing their cards for 1 more than the price floor so that their auctions get seen?

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by bwarner View Post
    Wouldn't that just lead to people listing their cards for 1 more than the price floor so that their auctions get seen?
    I doubt it, for two reasons. First, for players who actually want that card, they'll look for it directly and see options at the price floor that they'll buy before they hit ones that are +1 over the floor. Second, for players who are just wide net deal hunting, they won't even care about a card at +1 over the floor and so it will just annoy them rather than get them to buy it. Therefore, there is zero incentive for someone to do the +1 thing.