Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feature request- blocking specific auctions

Feature request- blocking specific auctions

I am browing the auction this morning and there are people putting stuff up for absurd prices like a 100p card for 50,000 PLAT

Can we have a feature that lets us see who is posting what or at least the option to block a auction by person?

Blocking out outliers would address many of issues with the AH. Now that we have significant pricing history it should be easy to do.

People are free to list items at whichever price they wish, just as you are free to not buy a card that is listed at 50k plat. I don't understand what the issue is quite honestly.

when i read the title, i was hoping for more filters.
    i would like to block all common cards from AH, not auctions from a specific player ...

High Tomb Lord
    maybe he just missed the currency... happens
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    People are free to list items at whichever price they wish, just as you are free to not buy a card that is listed at 50k plat. I don't understand what the issue is quite honestly.
    Mistakes happen, dishonest people happen. Both muddy AH data and serve no greater good.

Gigantisaur
    The obvious attempt to trick with buyout prices of 13111 when the cheapest buyout is 1350 or similar all the 1s are an attempt to make the number take up less space and be miskatken for 1311 etc
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    People are free to list items at whichever price they wish, just as you are free to not buy a card that is listed at 50k plat.
    ^ This.

If you want more filters for searching and sorting that's fine and reasonable to ask for (and has been asked for already), but there's no reason to stop people from selling things at whatever prices they want, regardless of their motivations.

Many reasons: Mistakes, muddy data, scams, snipping, illict transtions.

Explain what would be lost if people couldn't sell Angel of Dawns for 2000gold and Zodic Shaman for 2000plat. 'Cuz there is plenty of data for the system to know those are ridiculous prices and block them.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    The obvious attempt to trick with buyout prices of 13111 when the cheapest buyout is 1350 or similar all the 1s are an attempt to make the number take up less space and be miskatken for 1311 etc
    Not many people have the problem of paying too much plat or gold. But it would be nice if we could bank both Plat and Gold so that it can't be accessed without unbanking it. This is nice to hide information from AH to not over spend, but also for things like wasting gold unknowingly for items, or oversharing account information on streams.