Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Constructed vs 8 player vs Gauntlet

Devoted Emissary

Daily Constructed vs 8 player vs Gauntlet

With the announcement of the new big official awesome prize money tourney. Does it mean people will actually play scheduled daily constructed? Or are the incentives still not enough to play it?

Really changing the constructed scene with real money is gonna add so much energy to the game, it's great to see! And going through with a much needed ban is great. But I wonder if players will start playing the dailies or if people are just gonna stick to gauntlet / 8 player.

many poeple do not play gauntlet because bo1 is aggro heaven crap and not realy comptetive.
    Proud Champion tier backer

to answer in short: yes...scheduled tournaments will fire from october 6th on and will fire regulary

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    many poeple do not play gauntlet because bo1 is aggro heaven crap and not realy comptetive.
    Exactly, I expect scheduled to fill up frequently in the future, though I still think gauntlet with bo3 format would be the best solution.
    IGN: rwnkrs

The Transcended
    I just wish the scheduled tournaments had some sort of rotation to their timing. The static times we currently have are all bad for me, but could work if they moved by a single hour. (For me personally, I need 8PM Pacific as pretty much the only time I could do it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I just wish the scheduled tournaments had some sort of rotation to their timing. The static times we currently have are all bad for me, but could work if they moved by a single hour. (For me personally, I need 8PM Pacific as pretty much the only time I could do it.)
    I think having static times for these tournaments so that people can reliably schedule around them is the most important thing IMO. Once we have a bigger player base hopefully they could open up more time slots.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    I think having static times for these tournaments so that people can reliably schedule around them is the most important thing IMO. Once we have a bigger player base hopefully they could open up more time slots.
    They could still have it static but on a weekly basis instead of daily. Every week on some day (maybe Sunday) reset the times to what they are now. Next day, shift it all one hour sooner (so there would be a 1 hour gap instead of the normal 2 hour gap near the midnight switch). Next day, shift it another hour sooner. Next day another. Next day you're back to "normal" and start again. "Schedule 4" would only get used once per week, the others would get two showings each.

People could still easily plan around that, and it would add flexibility for others who normally can't play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    They could still have it static but on a weekly basis instead of daily. Every week on some day (maybe Sunday) reset the times to what they are now. Next day, shift it all one hour sooner (so there would be a 1 hour gap instead of the normal 2 hour gap near the midnight switch). Next day, shift it another hour sooner. Next day another. Next day you're back to "normal" and start again. "Schedule 4" would only get used once per week, the others would get two showings each.

People could still easily plan around that, and it would add flexibility for others who normally can't play at all.
    The fact that it took you more than one sentence to explain that should tell you that it will confuse the general population and make it difficult for most people to schedule around

Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    The fact that it took you more than one sentence to explain that should tell you that it will confuse the general population and make it difficult for most people to schedule around
    Not as difficult as having the only event be at a time too early/late for you every single time.
    Your sig is probably embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by stiii View Post
    Not as difficult as having the only event be at a time too early/late for you every single time.
    I find it odd how inflexible his schedule is but then again it is yoss with his rather odd ocd tendencies. I still think the overall benefit of consistency at this point out weighs the variability in scheduling. My 2 cents