Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Day Indeed!

Happy Day Indeed!

Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Meh, I was still hopeful that they'd finish the case and win. So this bullying nonsense doesn't continue to creep into the games industry. Hopefully the resolution of the lawsuit will at least inspire confidence in people to invest in Hex without worrying that it might all have to disappear to a lawsuit. So silver linings and all that. =P

Also, hopefully we can get a more... detailed message of what this settlement will mean for gameplay if anything.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Now we know why it was such a good day! Congratulations to Cory and HXE! Now they can finally focus 100% on developing HEX into the most amazing game ever 😀

"The parties have entered into a settlement agreement and license with undisclosed terms."
    a settlement agreement means x amount of money was paid with no further restrictions or limitations for the future development of HEX?

A settlement agreement can mean literally anything. Both sides have agreed to some terms. That's pretty much all that we can glean from that announcement.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    "The parties have entered into a settlement agreement and license with undisclosed terms."
    a settlement agreement means x amount of money was paid with no further restrictions or limitations for the future development of HEX?
    yeah... can someone explain that for dummies? ^^
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Meh, I was still hopeful that they'd finish the case and win. So this bullying nonsense doesn't continue to creep into the games industry. Hopefully the resolution of the lawsuit will at least inspire confidence in people to invest in Hex without worrying that it might all have to disappear to a lawsuit. So silver linings and all that. =P

Also, hopefully we can get a more... detailed message of what this settlement will mean for gameplay if anything.
    In practical terms, a win may have very well been worse than a settlement within the glorious majesty that is the US legal system. In any case, the patent expired, so I hope that that will quiet at least some of the legal threats that WotC is prone to.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    Yeah, likely paid for a "license" to do whatever HEX is doing. Unlikely we'll ever hear the details, but it doesn't really matter. Or if the details do matter, it'll be obvious when they release a patch to solve any licensing issues. :P

Devoted Emissary
    I kinda hope that the line "Magic: The Gathering is the world’s first, best and most popular strategy trading card game" being published on the site was either part of the payment or something that could've been disputed... because MtG may be the first and most popular... but best?
    IGN: Jensling
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/jensling