Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/26/15 AH Warning when buying AoM Primals

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    Intentionally deceiving someone into making a transaction that they wouldn't make without the deception is a scam. Now I don't know for sure it was intentional but no rational buyer or seller looking at market would look at the higher price as a legit price. So it seems extremely likely.

Intentional creating confusion is a known con tactic see "Change raising" at
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_confidence_tricks
    Whether or not its actually change-raising per Phenteo's follow-up is pedantic, the behavior is Intentionally Creating Confusion. I get that Hex's official policy is caveat emptor, I strongly disagree with it. In no other marketplace (online like ebay/amazon or brick and mortar stores like Target - or even at a flea market) would this seller behavior be acceptable.

Add a column to the AH to describe who is auctioning the item and the let the market's backlash on the sellers settle the situation if you are unwilling to aid your consumers.

The point is not that people are doing evil things to deceive people (they are and they always will when allowed).

The point is any correctly built AH would be in Fixed Width Font and this would never happen. Humans learn to do math and compare numbers by lining up the decimal places. When you set up a systems with numbers intentionally misaligned, the manufacturer of the system is at fault, the AH is at fault. The fact that they will not admit that the AH needs to just change font and change it is incredible to me.

And this shouldnt take months or waiting till the next big patch. This is a small fix and should be done ASAP.

Why Cultivate a AH that encourages ripping off of any one?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    fro most of community its not a deal, who has 11k plat/ i know some poeple do but not t that many
    The same trick is appearing at all price points.
    I put in a ticket to Support to complain about the issue and make sure they know.

Yes you should be careful about buying things but that does not in any way excuse Hex for failing to take very simple measures to discourage this despicable behaviour. I wouldn't expect you to get a refund but I'm appalled that they haven't taken the basic measure of inserting commas (useful anyway) and/or changing the font.

Quote Originally Posted by Timlagor View Post
    I wouldn't expect you to get a refund but I'm appalled that they haven't taken the basic measure of inserting commas (useful anyway) and/or changing the font.
    Who said they wouldn't? For all we know this is being worked on right now and will show up in a patch in a few days.

Just because Hex has taken the stance that it's not an exploit and is a buyer beware situation, unless I missed a post somewhere, doesn't mean they won't make an attempt to improve the UI related to this.
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

But seems weird thing to do. "They did nothing wrong, but we are going make some changes to make it more difficult."

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc31 View Post
    The fact that they will not admit that the AH needs to just change font and change it is incredible to me.
    I agree with all else you said except this. They did say the AH needs to change. They just also said that the current situation is buyer beware (because the system will not protect you).

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    "They did nothing wrong, but we are going make some changes to make it more user friendly."
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I agree with all else you said except this. They did say the AH needs to change. They just also said that the current situation is buyer beware (because the system will not protect you).
    They said " and the Auction House could use a little love." that is not the same as it needs to change, or maybe I should say it is not the same amount of urgency. Almost everything in this game "could use a little love" we are still in a not 100% polished form this is expected. This is not a question of polish this is having an AH that lines numbers up correctly, this should be hot fixed ASAP. So unless they post that is their plan I would imagine they disagree with me.

Well since the AH has nead QoL improvements since it came out, thanks scammers!

The fact that they will not admit that the AH needs to just change font and change it is incredible to me.
    Since you may have missed it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    We're always looking to see how the UI can be updated (for not only the auction house but other aspects of the game itself) and the Auction House could use a little love.
    But to make it more clear, since you like prefer to be more negative, we are aware and also want to make changes to the AH UI.

And this shouldnt take months or waiting till the next big patch. This is a small fix and should be done ASAP.
    I talked to Engineering about adding commas. And while, adding a comma is easy, the current state of the in-development client that we're hoping to patch in shortly has other work being done to it.

I've also reached out to Customer Service as to how to deal with the situation in case we have one or several users specifically trying to grief community members. And I am still awaiting a response.

I also had DataDragon look into the numbers and only 1 incident happened where a purchase was transacted. And up to only three other times it wasn't transacted because of lack of enough currency. This is not currently a largely affecting issue as even less than 1% of users have even been affected. However, I made it abundantly clear to Engineering that we need to make the UI more user-friendly. We has an UX Designer come into the office a few days ago to help us make improvements and enhancements to the UI. I also talked with Chark about this. You guys need to give me time to make changes, this post popped up when the office was closed on the weekend and I started keeping track.

Final note, we stress buyer beware not to allow players to grief the community and get away with it. But it is MUCH harder to go back and reverse transactions than to encourage the buyer to just pay close attention.
    Last edited by Phenteo; 09-29-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Thanks Phenteo for the info. Helpful as always .